- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 158
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
This course can be found in: MoGEA/MEGA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MoGEA/MEGA study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIt's easy to get ready to take the MEGA Earth Science exam with help from our engaging study guide course. The mobile-friendly video and text lessons in this course cover all the concepts covered on the exam and are accessible 24 hours a day, so you can study at whatever time works best for you to work towards the best possible score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MoGEA/MEGA Courses
About This Course
This MEGA Earth Science study guide can refresh you on topics you've learned in the past or teach you new earth science concepts - all of which are necessary to know for the Missouri Content Assessment for an earth science teaching certification. Broken up into topical chapters, the course includes short video and text lessons that align with the content on the MEGA Earth Science test. Topics available in this course include:
- Scientific experimentation and engineering solutions
- Earth's structure, spheres and surface materials
- Geological time and natural decomposition of the Earth
- Energy sources and human interactions with Earth systems
- The hydrosphere, oceans and freshwater systems
- Weather, storms and climate issues and classifications
- Astronomy, the solar system, celestial objects and space exploration
About the Exam
High school teachers in Missouri interested adding an earth science certification to their existing teaching license need to pass this computer-based exam with a minimum score of 220. You'll have two hours to answer the 100 questions presented in multiple-choice format. The test is available weekdays and Saturdays year-round. The exam tests in the following competencies:
- Science and engineering practices - 18% of the exam
- The geosphere - 25% of the exam
- The hydrosphere - 19% of the exam
- Atmosphere, weather and climate - 19% of the exam
- Astronomy - 19% of the exam
MEGA Earth Science Preparation & Registration
Preparing for the MEGA Earth Science exam is easy with lessons that combine convenience and flexibility. It takes around five minutes to complete each lesson and corresponding quiz, and if you have questions, you can submit them to our expert instructors. Study at home, on your lunch break or on the go from any computer or mobile device.
To register for the MEGA Earth Science test, you'll need to create an online account to schedule your test date and pay your fee. If you need to change your scheduled date, you can do so up to 24 hours before the exam for no additional cost. Exam sites you can choose from are located all over Missouri as well as other states.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Best Study Guides, People's Choice Awards
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Study Guides
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- How Online Courses Work Video
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses