- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 103
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Ways of Thinking
This course can be found in: MoGEA/MEGA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MoGEA/MEGA study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryRefresh your understanding of science ahead of the MEGA Elementary Education Science Subtest with this helpful test prep course. Our short video and text lessons cover all the subjects you'll be tested on, while our quizzes help you see how you'd do on exam day and where you need to study.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in MEGA Elementary Education Science Subtest: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MoGEA/MEGA Courses
About This Course
In this course, you will find topics that are on the MEGA Elementary Education Science Subtest. Watch each video lesson to develop your understanding of science topics and principles. Using this study guide helps you quickly review the following type of content:
- Engineering and science concepts
- Society, technology and science
- Ways to analyze scientific information
- The fundamentals of biology
- Different ecosystems
- Fundamentals of physical science
- Earth science fundamentals
About the Exam
The MEGA Elementary Education Science Subtest is one of four subtests and contains 40 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete each subtest. The test is computer-based and focuses on biology, physical science and science and engineering practices. You will receive your score according to your assigned score report date, which depends on your test date. A score of at least 220 is required to pass a subtest.
MEGA Elementary Education Science Subtest Preparation & Registration
Using this study guide gives you the chance to efficiently study science-related content that will be covered on the exam. Watch our short video lessons to review science principles or learn new material. The lessons will teach you how scientific investigations are carried out as well as help you identify major scientific discoveries and technological innovations. You will also understand the fundamental concepts of biology and examine important concepts relating to earth science. Gauge your knowledge at the end of this course by using the self-assessment quizzes.
Registration for this exam takes place online, and it's by appointment year-round. You are required to state personal information when registering, and then you will receive a confirmation email. You can decide which institutions receive your scores upon registration. When you show up to the exam, you must provide a form of photo identification.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Test Prep
- Is the Pomodoro Technique Helpful While Studying Online?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- How to Study for AP Tests
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- MoGEA/MEGA Test Preparation & Resources
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses