- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 135
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Gross Motor Skills in Children? - Development, Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: MoGEA/MEGA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MoGEA/MEGA study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe MEGA Physical Education exam is part of the certification process for physical education teachers in Missouri. This study guide offers a review of the material on MEGA Physical Education exam, including motor development, physical activities, physical fitness, learning theories and teaching practices.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MoGEA/MEGA Courses
About this Course
Use this course to improve your knowledge of the information you will be tested on when you take the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) Physical Education exam. This course is a series of lessons and assessments that will cover the different subjects of physical development, fitness, leaning and instructional design. After you have completed these lessons, you should be ready to answer questions on the MEGA Physical Education exam regarding:
- Human motor skills and their development
- Individual sports, team sports, other physical activities and safety
- Functional systems of the human body
- Relationships between personal wellness and fitness
- Fitness goals and issues with being overweight or obese
- Cognitive, social and physical development of humans
- Roles of schools and physical education programs in students' development
- Classroom management, instructional design and assessment techniques
About the Exam
The MEGA Physical Education exam is a series of 100 computer-administered, multiple-choice questions. This test is offered year-round at testing centers throughout the U.S. It is administered in two-hour testing sessions, and you must score at least a 220 to pass.
Preparing & Registering for the MEGA Physical Education
With content-specific chapters, each composed of its own series of lessons and assessments, this study guide course has been designed to help you prepare for the MEGA Physical Education exam. Start your review of a chapter with one of its short, engaging and mobile device-compatible lessons and assess your understanding by taking the multiple-choice lesson quiz that follows. At the end of each chapter, you may test your overall understanding of its lessons by completing the practice chapter exam.
You can register for the MEGA Physical Education exam on the MEGA website. You will need to select a testing time, date and location. If you need to change the time, date and location of a testing appointment, you may do so no less than 24 hour before your current testing appointment. You can retake the exam as long as you wait 30 days or more after your previous attempt.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) Physical Education is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Massachusetts
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Texas
- Physical Education Teacher Certification in Maine
- Physical Education Teacher Certification in Virginia
- Physical Education Teacher Education Requirements
- Physical Education & Gym Teacher Certification in Connecticut
- New York Physical Education Teacher Certification
- Physical Fitness Education and Career Information
- Physical Education Teacher Requirements in Ohio
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in North Carolina
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses