- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Mentoring & Networking Relationships & Interpersonal Communication in the Workplace
Course SummaryUse this course to explain the benefits and elements of workplace mentoring to your employees and company leaders. Our video lessons and quizzes offer information on how to set up and run a successful mentoring program.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Mentorships can promote teamwork and improve performance in both the mentee and the mentor. If you'd like your company's employees to get information on mentoring and how to develop these relationships, use our lessons and quizzes to present information as part of a corporate training program.
How It Works
Each video lesson lasts five to ten minutes, and employees can watch them anytime, on a computer, smartphone or tablet. If you organize group training sessions, employees can learn together about the benefits of mentoring and discuss how to set up and operate a program.
You may find these course features to be useful:
- Lively video lessons developed and taught by expert instructors
- Text transcripts that make it easy to follow the narrator
- Short lessons quizzes that promote discussion and test learning
- Chapter exams and a comprehensive final exam that gauges employee understanding of the material
How It Helps
- Defines mentoring:By watching these short lessons, employees can get information on what mentoring is and how it can benefit the mentor and mentee as well as the company.
- Offers advice:Using this course in corporate training sessions provides information on how to organize and manage a formal mentorship program in your organization.
- Describes challenges:Company leaders and employees can discuss common problems in mentorship programs and explore ways to overcome them.
- Examines training methods:The lessons in this course provide an opportunity to look at several types of training methods, including job rotation and job mentoring, and see what might be best for your company's needs.
Elements of Workplace Mentoring
- Workplace and networking relationships
- Benefits of mentoring
- Elements of a successful mentoring program
- Types of employee training
- Types of mentoring
How to Mentor in the Workplace
- How to locate a mentor
- Benefits of mentoring
- Managing the mentoring relationship
- Challenges of mentoring-mentee interactions
- Responsibilities of both mentors and mentees
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Take Advantage of & Benefit Significantly From Teacher Mentoring
- January Is National Mentoring Month
- How to Help Your Teenager with ADHD Find a Mentor
- Becoming a Mentor Is the Next Step in Your Professional Development
- Special Effects Make-Up Training Programs and Course Information
- Make-Up Artist Degree Programs with Course Information
- Certificate in Workplace Communications: Program Information
- Psychiatrist Programs with Course Information
- Easy Steps to Building a Successful Employee Referral Program
- Mentor Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Salary
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses