- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryCheck out this self-paced test preparation course to get ready for the Michigan Prometric CNA test. This mobile-friendly course contains short lessons and practice quizzes that allow you to study for the exam at any time that fits your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Take a look at this comprehensive course to review all of the nursing topics that appear on the Michigan Prometric CNA test. You can access this course at any time to watch informative video lessons and take interactive self-assessments. The simple and bite-sized format of these resources allows you to prepare for the exam quickly and efficiently. As you progress through the course, you'll review the following nursing topics:
- Nursing safety and communication
- The role of nurse aides
- Patient rights
- Asepsis, infection control and basic hygiene information
- How to treat patient injuries and infections
- Nursing emergency situation response
- Personal care
- Skin integrity and circulation
- Fluid balance, electrolyte and nutrition concepts
- Sleep and rest
- The concept of elimination in nursing
- Assistive devices and patient mobility
- Assessing physical impairments and managing pain
- Mental health and psychosocial issues in patients
- The aging process and end-of-life care
About the Exam
This exam is intended for prospective certified nurse aides in the state of Michigan. To be eligible for the exam, you must complete a state-approved nurse aide training program, be employed by a federally certified nursing care facility or receive an employment offer from a nursing care facility that's federally certified. Be sure to check Prometric's official website for specific information regarding test eligibility.
There are two components to the exam. The Clinical Skills test will evaluate you on five nursing-related skills, including hand washing and indirect care. You must pass all five skills. The Knowledge test must be completed at a regional test site, and it's administered by computer. This test contains 60 multiple-choice questions that must be answered within 90 minutes..
Michigan Prometric CNA Test Preparation & Registration
This course allows you to get ready for the exam whenever you have free time in your schedule. Use any computer or mobile device to access the course and start reviewing essential nursing topics. The lesson quizzes and chapter exams are included to help you retain your understanding of nursing-related terminology and concepts. Submit questions to our instructors if you get stuck, and print the lesson transcripts to study offline. The course concludes with a final assessment to help you evaluate your readiness to sit for the CNA test.
Prometric's official website allows you to complete your test registration online. You'll be asked to fill out and submit a registration form. Similar to the exam eligibility criteria, the logistics of scheduling your test will depend on your current nursing training/employment status, so be sure to check the website for information regarding your situation. Once your registration is processed, you'll be required to pay a testing fee.
The Michigan Prometric CNA test is a registered trademark of Prometric, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- Should I Become a CNA? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Overview of Courses for CNA Instructors
- Nursing Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of Prerequisites
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- CNA Online Courses: Overview of CNA Course Curriculum
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- College Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of General Education Requirement
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses