- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 179
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 60+ Real Estate study guides, and 1,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you're looking for a way to prepare for the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson exam, this handy study guide course can help. Made up of short lessons and quizzes you can use to test your exam readiness, this course is written by professional instructors to give you confidence. This Study.com course was last updated in 2019.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
19 chapters in Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
As you're getting ready to take the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam, check out this test prep course containing the information you'll need to know to pass the exam. Concise and easy-to-follow lessons are grouped together into chapters by subject, so you can quickly access the information you need to know, whether it's the entire course or just specific chapters. As you study you'll review Michigan real estate laws, leasing and property management, title transfers, the lending and underwriting processes, and more. If you'd like to see how well you might do on the exam, we've included multiple-choice lesson quizzes and chapter tests here to help you gauge your comprehension and knowledge.
Syllabus & Course Information
Written by professional instructors, the lessons and chapter included in this course are designed to help you do your very best on exam day. As you work through this course, you'll find lessons on property and land characteristics, water, mineral and air rights in real estate, encumbrances and liens, and different types of property ownership. We've created this chapter to ensure once you've completed it, you will be ready to do the following:
- Discuss real estate land use controls and regulations
- Outline property valuation and appraisal
- Define basic real estate financing terms and concepts
- Differentiate between different types of real estate loans
- Explain agency relationships and agreements
- Understand disclosures of property conditions
- Detail real estate sales contracts
- Identify important real estate practices
- Utilize common real estate calculations
- Define the real estate laws of Michigan
- Explain the statutory and licensing requirements in Michigan
In 158 lessons grouped into 18 chapters, this course outlines the information you should know before you sit for the exam. Use the self-assessment quizzes to see if you're ready or if you need to study any of these concepts further. The test at the end of the chapter may help you get a feel for how you'll do on exam day.
Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam Information
In order to be licensed in the state of Michigan to sell real estate, you must successfully pass the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam.
- Number of Questions: 115
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $79
Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam Breakdown
|Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam Concept||Percent of the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson ExamExam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Property Ownership||8%||9 questions||23|
|Land Use Roles & Regulations||5%||6 questions||14|
|Valuation & Market Analysis||7%||8 questions||13|
|General Principles of Agency||13%||15 questions||8|
|Property Disclosure||6%||7 questions||5|
|Leasing & Property Management||3%||4 questions||7|
|Transfer of Title||8%||9 questions||15|
|Practice of Real Estate||13%||15 questions||12|
|Real Estate Calculations||10%||11 questions||7|
Registering and Preparing for the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam
In order to sit for the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson exam, you must acquire pre-approval. Once approved, scheduling for the exam may be completed online. Please note that personal items are not allowed in the testing center. Additionally, this exam is not an open-book test. Testing candidates are encouraged to arrive at the testing center 30 minutes before their scheduled test time with their photo ID.
Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam is a registered trademark of PSI Exams, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Real Estate Appraisal Training in Michigan with Course Overviews
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Real Estate Development Course Overviews
- Real Estate Appraisal Courses Overview
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Overview of Courses for CNA Instructors
- Cosmetology Instructor Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses