- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 336
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1DNA: Chemical Structure of Nucleic Acids & Phosphodiester Bonds
Course SummaryLet us help you get a better grade on your microbiology homework with this engaging microbiology review course. Master the essential microbiology topics with our short video lessons and then take the accompanying quizzes to test your skills.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding college microbiology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding bacterial diseases, fungal infections, viruses or any other microbiology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about microbiology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Microbiology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What lab techniques are used in microbiology?
- What is the relationship between the environment and microorganisms?
- How does the disease process work?
- What are some blood-borne, respiratory and skin bacterias?
- What are some protozoan diseases?
- How do DNA and RNA viruses differ?
- What are some foodborne illnesses, and how do we get them?
- What's involved in the study of food and industrial microbiology?
- How do antimicrobial drugs and our immune systems work?
- What are some antiseptic and sterilization techniques?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Can You Do With a Master's in Microbiology?
- Microbiology Courses and Classes Overview
- Masters Programs in Microbiology: Degree Information
- Food Microbiology Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Microbiology Course and Class Overviews
- How to Become a Microbiology Lab Manager
- What Can I Do with a Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology?
- Microbiology Degree Program Overviews
- Schools with Microbiology Programs: How to Choose
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses