- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 340
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1DNA: Chemical Structure of Nucleic Acids & Phosphodiester Bonds
Course SummaryAccess this fun and interesting microbiology tutoring course to get the help you need in microbiology class. Our video lessons and quizzes can be used as a flexible study guide that you can access at any time on any mobile device in order to get a better grade.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other microbiology work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn microbiology material and earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding bacterial biology, protozoan diseases, fungal infections, immunology, viruses or any other microbiology topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing microbiology
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in microbiology
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning microbiology simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live microbiology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn microbiology on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn the structures and functions of DNA and RNA.
- Describe the characteristics of bacteria, protozoa, algae and fungi.
- Understand bacterial structures and functions.
- Learn microbiology laboratory techniques.
- Explain the importance of the nitrogen cycle.
- Explain methods of disease control and prevention.
- Describe the structure and function of viruses.
- Become familiar with DNA viruses.
- Take a look at examples of RNA viruses.
- Learn about protozoan diseases.
- Describe different types of fungal infections.
- Become familiar with examples of foodborne illnesses.
- Discuss sexually transmitted bacterial diseases.
- Look at examples of bloodborne bacterial diseases.
- Discuss bacterial diseases of the respiratory tract.
- Become familiar with different types of bacterial skin and wound infections.
- Learn the functions of the immune system.
- Explain how antimicrobial drugs work.
- Take a look at different examples of applied microbiology.
- Become familiar with sterilization and antiseptic techniques.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Microbiology Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Microbiology Course and Class Overviews
- Food Microbiology Courses and Classes Overview
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Microsoft Access Classes and Courses with Detailed Descriptions
- What Can You Do With a Master's in Microbiology?
- Become a Microbiology Research Associate: Career Guide
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses