- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 28
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Common Uses for Excel Spreadsheets
Course SummaryFrom basic operations to advanced formatting and hyperlinks, this course teaches you the ins and outs of Microsoft Excel 2013. Our experienced instructors present topics using screenshots and graphics to help you become proficient in Excel.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This Excel 2013 course begins with an overview tour and ends with file output. Along the way, you'll learn to create worksheets, enter and manipulate data, customize tools, format worksheets, and share your work. Our experienced Excel instructors use brief, engaging videos filled with screenshots and graphics to help you maneuver through this course. Each lesson ends with an optional quiz, so you can test your skills before continuing to the next topic.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Excel Basics
Explore the different uses for Excel spreadsheets and review the various menus and toolbars within the program, including help features.
- Data Entry
Learn techniques for data entry and manipulation, including AutoFill, find/replace, and undo/redo. Work with dates and times, and learn to add comments within your worksheets.
- Formatting Worksheets and Workbooks
Format worksheets and workbooks to make data easier to access, update, and reference. Learn how to add, delete, and modify elements; display multiple portions of a large worksheet on one screen; and insert headers, footers, and hyperlinks.
- Saving and Printing
Review options to configure your spreadsheets for printing and explore print areas, scaling, and settings. Understand the importance of backward compatibility, file formats, and sharing workbooks.
(Note: All demonstrations in this chapter will be using Microsoft Excel 2013. Certain features, tools, or displays may be different in other versions.)
Excel is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Overview of Refresher Courses for Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- How to Reach Out to Your Instructor for Your Online Courses
- Excel Courses, Classes and Training Program Information
- Overview of Courses for CNA Instructors
- Jobs Requiring Excel Skills
- Online Training Programs and Courses for Cosmetology Instructors
- Excel Certification and Certificate Program Overviews
- The Ins and Outs of Employee Exit Interviews for HR Managers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses