- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 85
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Napoleonic Empire: Military & Economic Expansion
Course SummaryCheck out this middle grades social science course to review important events and time periods from American, European and world history. The course's online lessons and quizzes can help you supplement your social science textbooks and study for exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive social science course is designed to help you quickly review the historical topics that are typically taught in middle school social studies and history classes. Access the course at any time to refresh your understanding of North American geography, 20th-century American history, European political developments and much more. These fun lessons are taught by expert instructors who use a simplified and engaging teaching style. The course also comes with plenty of practice quizzes to help you reinforce your social science knowledge. You can also study the course at any time that fits your schedule.
This course can benefit students, educators, parents and independent learners.
- Students can access the course at any time to supplement their textbooks, get homework help and prepare for upcoming social science exams.
- Parents can use this course as an effective tutoring resource for middle school students.
- Social science teachers can easily incorporate the course's lessons, quizzes and transcripts in the classroom.
- Independent learners who want to improve their social science knowledge can access these lessons and quizzes on any Internet-connected device.
- The events leading up to the American Revolution
- The Virginia Dynasty
- Political developments in Asia and Europe
- The period between WWI and WWII
- Post-1945 Western civilization
- American imperialism
- American history from the 1970s through the present
- North American and U.S. geography
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses