- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 104
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
Course SummaryOur Middle School Earth Science homeschool course is designed to help homeschool parents teach their students important earth science topics in a kid-friendly way. Our video lessons are sure to grab your homeschooler's attention, and the quizzes help you gauge how well he or she understands the concepts.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to middle school earth science, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert science instructors any question about the earth's structure, surface, sources of energy or other middle school earth science topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary middle school earth science homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
Middle School Earth Science Learning Objectives:
- Develop an understanding of the forces that have shaped the earth's surface.
- Learn to conduct research using the principles of earth science.
- Find out about the structure of the earth.
- Discover what causes earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Explore how mountains are built.
- Provide some examples of thermal energy.
- Study climate, weather and solar energy.
- Explore the natural sources of energy the planet produces.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Earth and Space Science Quizzes
- Earth and Space Science Videos
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Science Quizzes
- Education Your Way: Study.com Speaks with a Part-Homeschool, Part-Public School Parent
- Flashcards - MTEL Middle School Math/Science: Origin & History of the Earth
- How We Used College Instructors to Teach Our Homeschool High Schoolers
- Flashcards - Measurements in Earth Science
- Jobs Related to Earth Science
- Learn Earth and Space Science
- Be a Wholesale Sales Representative
- Performing Art Career Information for Students Considering a Career in the Performing Arts
- Accounting Degrees Top Rated University with Accounting Degree Programs - Baltimore MD
- Sports Medicine Graduate Schools
- Fitness Manager Career Information About Becoming a Sports Training and Fitness Manager
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses