- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 109
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
Course SummaryIf earth science is proving challenging to your middle schooler, get them the help they need with our easy-to-use tutoring course. Assess how well your student understands the material with our quizzes, and then use the short video lessons to strengthen their understanding of the topics they are having trouble with.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other middle school earth science work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn middle school earth science material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding Earth's spheres and structure, plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes, thermal energy, Earth's energy resources any other middle school earth science topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing middle school earth science
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in middle school earth science
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning middle school earth science simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live earth science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn middle school earth science on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discover the Earth's four spheres.
- Study plate tectonics and plate boundaries.
- Learn about the causes of earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Explore the causes of rock deformation.
- Discuss the creation of stream valleys and the effects of erosion.
- Define and provide examples of thermal energy.
- Study solar energy and its effects on the temperature of our planet.
- Distinguish between weather and climate.
- Explore Earth's ecosystems as well as the planet's material and energy resources.
- Learn the steps of the scientific method and discover the tools involved in scientific investigation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How to Plan Successful Student-Led Conferences for Middle Schoolers
- Easy Steps You Can Take to Help Students Appreciate Math
- Help Your ADHD Kid Stay Out of Trouble in School
- How to Choose a Video Graphics School or Course
- How to Find the Bright Side of Working with Challenging Students
- What to Do if Students Aren't Responding Well to Your Lesson Plans
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses