- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 60
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Position in Physics? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryHelp your middle schooler master physical science subjects with our engaging homeschool curriculum course. Use our video lessons to interest your young learners, and then gauge how well they understand the lessons with our multiple-choice self-assessment quizzes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make physical science topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to Middle School Physical Science, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert science instructors any question about the solar system, the periodic table or other middle school physical science topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary Middle School Physical Science homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
Middle School Physical Science Learning Objectives:
- Learn about Newton's laws of motion, mass and gravity.
- Get information on matter and its structure.
- Examine the planets, galaxies and other components of the solar system.
- Gain an understanding of how chemical reactions work.
- Explore the periodic table of elements and how to use it.
- Discover the scientific method of experimentation and research.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Homeschooling Your ADHD Child with Animated Video Lessons
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Homeschool Curriculum
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses