- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 240
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Native American History: Origins of Early People in the Americas
Course SummaryLet us help your middle schooler get a better grade in US history class with this flexible tutoring course. Your students can watch just those lessons they need to complete a homework assignment or study for a test, or they can take the course in its entirety.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other middle school U.S. history work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn middle school U.S. history material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the Revolutionary War, Jacksonian democracy, the American Civil War, American imperialism, the Great Depression, civil rights movements in America any other middle school U.S. history topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing middle school U.S. history
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in middle school U.S. history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning middle school U.S. history simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live U.S. history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn middle school U.S. history on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss the history of early America, including the Inca and Native American civilizations.
- Discover how the North American colonies were settled.
- Study the events of the Revolutionary War.
- Explore the making of the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution.
- Learn about the Virginia Dynasty and the Jacksonian democracy.
- Describe Antebellum America and the Manifest Destiny.
- Discuss the American Civil War, including the events that preceded and followed it.
- Learn about American industrialization and imperialism.
- Explore 1920s America and the Progressive Era.
- Get information about the Great Depression, World War II and the post-war years.
- Identify the reasons for the Cold War.
- Study America's civil rights movement.
- Discuss American events from the 1970s through the present day.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Should High School Students Take College Courses?
- Online History Courses and Classes: Course Descriptions
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Medical Courses and Classes for Undergraduate Students
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- Graduate History Classes and Courses Overview
- Farming Studies Course and Class Descriptions
- Iridology Home Study Course and Class Descriptions
- Leisure Studies Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses