- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Last Ice Age: Thawing Ice and New Human Opportunities
Course SummaryUse this Middle School World History homeschool course to create lessons, tests and study materials. Our short video lessons and quizzes act as a comprehensive study guide your homeschooler can access on any mobile device at any time to master these subjects.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make world history topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to Middle School World History, your membership includes access to a full homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert history instructors any question about world history. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary middle school world history homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
Middle School World History Learning Objectives:
- Study prehistory from the Paleolithic period to the Agricultural Revolution.
- Discover ancient Egyptian, Greek, Kush and Mesopotamian civilizations.
- Become familiar with the ancient Hebrews.
- Describe the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
- Discuss the evolution of the Byzantine Empire.
- Learn how African, Asian, European and Islamic civilizations developed in the Middle Ages.
- Identify the major cultural and economic achievements of the Renaissance.
- Understand how the Protestant Reformation affected Europe.
- Identify the major philosophical, political and scientific highlights of the Enlightenment.
- Discuss why Old World Explorers traveled to the New World.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- World History Quizzes
- Global Studies Quizzes
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Homeschooling Your ADHD Child with Animated Video Lessons
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses