- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryUse the study resources in this self-paced course to improve your ability to excel on the Mississippi Pearson CNA test. Bite-sized lessons, multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams can effectively boost your knowledge of important concepts you could see on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is designed for individuals who need help studying for the Mississippi Pearson CNA test. Our instructors have created engaging lessons that delve into topics that could be covered in the test, including the role of nurse aides, safety for nurses, personal care in nursing and end-of-life care. All lessons are paired with short quizzes that can test your knowledge of the concepts they cover. Practice exams make it easy to gauge you readiness to take and pass the test. Once you've completed this course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of topics that include:
- Nursing communication and patient rights
- Basic hygiene for nurses
- Asepsis, infections and infection control
- Emergency situations, emergency care and procedures
- Circulation and skin integrity concerns in nursing
- Nutrition basics and fluid and electrolyte balance
- Rest, sleep, psychosocial concerns and mental health
- Elimination and physical assessment techniques
- Pain and pain management in nursing
About the Exam
The Mississippi Pearson CNA test is offered through the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and is taken by students interested in becoming nurse aides in the state. The exam is divided into two sections: written and skills evaluation. The written exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions and is granted 2 hours for completion; it also features an alternate oral exam option. You will be given 25 minutes to complete the skills evaluation that assesses your ability to perform 5 assigned nursing skills. For both exams, scores of 'pass' or 'fail' are granted.
Mississippi Pearson CNA Test Preparation & Registration
The study resources in this course make it simple to absorb the information you need to succeed on the Mississippi Pearson CNA test. Our lessons closely examine a variety of topics you could see on the test, including assistive devices and mobility, communication in nursing, physical impairments, the aging process and patient injuries in nursing. Short quizzes test your knowledge of the lessons, while practice exams provide broader reviews of the chapters and course. Enjoy the ability to track your progress through the course by visiting the Dashboard. Any questions you have about specific lesson topics can be submitted to our experts.
To register for the exam, you must fill out an exam application received from your nursing facility employer, nursing aide training program or via the Pearson VUE website. After sending in your application and paying your fees, you will be scheduled for testing. On the day of the exam, be sure to arrive 30 minutes early and bring two forms of current ID. If you need to cancel or reschedule, you must contact Credentia at least 5 business days before your examination date.
The National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- Should I Become a CNA? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- GED Practice Test Information and Resources on the Internet
- Should I Become a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- How to Study for AP Tests
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- VCLA Test Preparation & Resources
- FSA Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses