- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 165
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 100+ Real Estate study guides, and 1,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide covers all the various topics in the Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam. Take advantage of the concise and organized instructional videos, self-assessment quizzes, and quiz worksheets.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course prepares qualified individuals looking to become real estate brokers in Missouri for the Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam. Through short, highly informative videos (and/or detailed video transcripts), the course covers important concepts such as Missouri real estate licensure and laws, mathematical calculations commonly used in real estate, and air, mineral, and water rights. Your progress in the course is tracked, so you can stop and start at your convenience, and by using the Dashboard tool, you can even ask questions to real estate experts.
Check out our Real Estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive Real Estate study guides to help you study, Real Estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Real Estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus and Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by PSI Exams. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Missouri-specific real estate laws
- Characteristics of property and land
- Real estate financing terms and concepts
- Real estate mathematical calculations
- Different types of real estate loans
- Property disclosures
- Sales contracts and title transfers
- Real estate agency relationships and agreements
- General real estate practices
This course is made up of 19 chapters, each containing detailed lessons with videos, transcripts, and lesson quizzes. All chapters also have tests that cover the contents of the particular chapter. Once you have completed them all, you will be ready for the final exam, which covers the whole content of the course and will prepare you for taking the actual Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam.
Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam Information
The Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam is administered for those seeking to obtain their broker's license in MO. It is split into two parts: one for questions about real estate nationwide, and one for real estate concepts specific to the state.
- Number of Questions: 10 for the national portion, and 75 for the state-specific portion
- Question Type: Simulation of real estate situations for the national portion, and multiple choice for the state-specific portion
- Time Limit: 2.5 hours for the national portion, and 2 hours for the state-specific portion
- Exam Cost: $62
Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam Breakdown
For the national portion of the exam, each problem has a designated primary issue and property type. The following graphs indicate the number of questions that must relate to a certain primary issue and property type. Note that there are only ten questions total in the national portion, and that only nine of the questions count towards your score. The other is a question being tested for use in future exams.
|Primary Issue||Approximate Percentage of National Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Agency Relationships and Property Representations||34%||3|
|Fair Housing and other Governmental Regulations||22%||2|
|Training and Supervision of Licensees||11%||1|
|One primary issue that varies by examination form||11%||1|
|Property Type||Approximate Percentage of National Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Two property types that vary by examination form||22%||2|
|Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam Concept||Approximate Percentage of State Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Business Conduct and Practices||53%||40|
|Listing, Offer, and Closing Contract Forms and Costs||16%||12|
Preparing and Registering for the Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam
To be eligible to take the Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam, you must be at least 18 years old and fall into one of the following categories: licensed Missouri salesperson, licensed attorney, licensed salesperson in a different jurisdiction, or licensed broker in a different jurisdiction. Depending on which category you fall into, the requirements to take the exam will be different. All applicants are also required to be fingerprinted through IDEMIA for a Missouri and federal criminal history background check.
The Missouri Real Estate Broker Exam is a registered trademark of PSI, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Real Estate Lawyer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Real Estate Agent? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- What Should I Study to Become a Real Estate Broker?
- Mortgage Broker Vs. Real Estate Agent
- How to Become a Commercial Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Broker: Education Requirements & Career Info
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- Real Estate Transaction Broker: Job Description and Requirements
- How Much Do California Real Estate Brokers Make?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses