- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 70
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Analyze a Literary Passage: A Step-by-Step Guide
Course SummaryFeel confident in your ability to pass the MoGEA Reading Comprehension and Interpretation subtest by reviewing this test prep course. You can access from any computer, smartphone or tablet, and lessons are accompanied by short quizzes that you can use to test your readiness for the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This study guide is filled with short video and text lessons designed to refresh your knowledge of topics you could see on the MoGEA Reading Comprehension and Interpretation subtest. Ensure you have a complete understanding of word choice, literary works, speech development, world literature and much more. Lessons are presented in an engaging manner that makes your preparations for the exam fun. Once you've completed this course, you will be prepared to address the following on the subtest:
- Analysis and interpretation of literature
- Word choice and expression in literature
- Basics of figurative language
- How to evaluate literary works
- Ways reading passages are structured and organized
- Evaluation of reasoning and analysis of arguments in written works
- Overview of American and world literature
- Development, delivery and analysis of speech
About the Exam
The Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA) is required for candidates interested in entering a Missouri educator preparation program. The assessment is broken into four subtests, one of which covers reading comprehension and interpretation topics. The Internet-based subtest consists of three competencies, features 39 multiple-choice questions, and lasts 75 minutes if taken alone or 4 1/2 hours if taken with the other subtests. Missouri educator preparation programs set the passing scores for the subtests. Appointments for the exam are available across Missouri on a first-come, first serve basis. Score reports are released about 2-5 weeks after taking the exam.
Preparing & Registering for the MoGEA Reading Comprehension & Interpretation Subtest
Studying the MoGEA Reading Comprehension and Interpretation subtest is simple thanks to resources in this course you can easily access from home or on-the-go. Review any number of lessons in the sequence that suits your current and desired knowledge of reading comprehension and interpretation. Boost your understanding of topics that include characterization, figurative language, foreshadowing, author's point of view, inference, author credibility and public discourse. Test your readiness to answer questions on the exam by taking mini lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a comprehensive course exam. Submit any questions you have about topics covered in this course to our experts.
In order to register for the exam, you are required to sign up for an account on the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments website. Keep in mind that you must take and pass all four subtests to be accepted into your program of choice. During the registration process, you can select your test, date and location. On the day of the subtest, be sure to arrive at the test center 15 minutes before your scheduled test time and bring one current, government-issued ID printed in English. You might not be admitted if you arrive more than 15 minutes late. If you need to reschedule, do so more than 24 hours before your schedule test time.
Missouri Educators Gateway Assessments is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- Flashcards - ASSET Reading Skills Test: Reading Comprehension
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Reading & Writing Tests
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Flashcards - Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test: Analyzing Text Passages
- Computer Science Quizzes
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- Flashcards - About the PSAT Reading Test
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses