- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 254
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
This course can be found in: MoGEA/MEGA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MoGEA/MEGA study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you need assistance preparing for the MoGEA Mathematics Subtest, this informative study guide can help. The guide's lessons cover topics you'll need to know for the subtest, including real numbers, algebra, geometry, data analysis, and statistics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MoGEA/MEGA Courses
About This MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Study Guide
The state of Missouri requires those who wish to enter an educator preparation program to take the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA). The MoGEA Mathematics Subtest is one of four parts of that exam and contains 40 multiple-choice questions. This guide, created by our professional instructors, has lessons that explore math topics like the real number system; algebraic expressions and equations; measurements and geometry; and data analysis and statistics. Understanding these topics will allow you to answer the subtest's multiple-choice questions correctly.
Check out our MEGA & MoGEA test prep materials! We've got MEGA & MoGEA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MEGA & MoGEA study guides to help you study, MEGA & MoGEA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MEGA & MoGEA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the MoGEA Mathematics Subtest, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the test makers, Pearson Education. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Numbers and Algebra
- Understanding rational numbers and their operations
- Solving problems using number operations and algebraic principles
- Solving problems using linear equations and inequalities
Measurement and Geometry
- Solving problems using coordinate geometry techniques
- Solving problems involving angles, perimeter, circumference, area, surface area, and volume of two- and three-dimensional figures
- Using the Pythagorean Theorem
Statistics and Data Analysis
- Calculating mean, median, mode, and range
- Interpreting data in tables, charts, box plots, histograms, and circle graphs
- Sampling to draw inferences about a population
MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Course Format
This study guide includes 25 chapters divided into 254 lessons, which flow through the principles of real numbers, algebra, geometry, and data set creation and analysis. After every lesson is a short quiz, and all chapters end with a test. To help you review the concepts you learned, we provide flashcards that you may practice with after you complete the study guide.
MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 40
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit : 75 minutes
- Exam Cost: $25, or $59 if you register for all four subtests
MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Exam Breakdown
|MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Exam Concept||Percentage of the MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Exam||Number of Questions|
|Numbers and Algebra||50%||20|
|Measurement and Geometry||25%||10|
|Statistics and Data Analysis||25%||10|
Preparing & Registering for the MoGEA Mathematics Subtest
To register for the MoGEA Mathematics Subtest, you'll need to create an account on the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments website. You'll provide personal information and pay for the test by credit or bank card at registration. Once your registration is processed, you'll receive a message confirming the test, date, and location. You should show up at the testing center at least 15 minutes before the testing time and will need to bring a government-issued photo ID that matches the name in which you registered.
The lessons in this guide offer a review of topics that you'll need to comprehend for the MoGEA Mathematics Subtest's multiple-choice questions. Lessons contain a short video and quiz, and chapters culminate in a test, so you can absorb the material throughout the course. There are also comprehensive flashcard sets for optional practice at the end of the course.
For more information on registering and preparing for the MoGEA Mathematics Subtest, check out our MoGEA Mathematics Subtest Informational Resources.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Informative Essay Topics for Teachers
- What You Need to Know About Transferring Credits
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Jobs that Help People in Need
- How to Use Study.com for Your Needs
- Help! I Need to Find a Job in HR Fast
- The Work Benefit Gen Z Needs: College Assistance
- Life Skills You'll Need in College That High School Didn't Teach You
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Finance Degrees Top Ranked School with a Business Finance Degree Concentration - San Bernardino CA
- Top Health Information Technology Degree - Madison WI
- Top University with Human Resource Management Degree Programs - Phoenix AZ
- Medical Assistant Training Top College for Becoming a Medical Assistant - Virginia Beach VA
- Associate's Degree in Histotechnology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses