- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 108
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Basic Science Concepts & Terminology
This course can be found in: MoGEA/MEGA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MoGEA/MEGA study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest with our engaging study guide. This will help you learn the fundamentals of science and social studies and gain inquiry and literacy skills in both topics, all of which you'll need for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
15 chapters in MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest (069): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MoGEA/MEGA Courses
About This MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Study Guide
The state of Missouri requires those who wish to enter an educator preparation program to take the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA). The MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest is one of four parts of that exam and contains 40 multiple-choice questions. This study guide provides you with short lessons and self-assessments to teach you the foundations of science and social studies, including key ideas in life, physical, and Earth science; history; geography; and government and economics. After completing this course, you'll have all the information you need to be prepared for exam day.
Check out our MEGA & MoGEA test prep materials! We've got MEGA & MoGEA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MEGA & MoGEA study guides to help you study, MEGA & MoGEA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MEGA & MoGEA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the test makers, Pearson Education. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Fundamental Scientific Concepts
- Understanding patterns and the concept of structure and function in various sciences
- Recognizing the concepts of cause and effect and of mechanism and explanation in various sciences
- Working with concepts of scale, proportion, and quantity in various sciences
- Describing the characteristics of systems and system models in various sciences
Science Inquiry and Literacy Skills
- Understanding principles and methods of scientific inquiry
- Explaining the central scientific ideas presented in textbooks or popular media articles
- Assessing evidence used to support conclusions
- Breaking down the relationships between science, technology, and society
Fundamental Social Studies Concepts
- Recognizing major historical and geographical concepts
- Applying government and economics concepts
Social Studies Inquiry and Literacy Skills
- Recognizing basic steps and procedures in social studies research
- Identifying the characteristics and uses of basic social studies resources
- Determining purpose, point of view, central ideas, and relationships between concepts in social studies documents
- Integrating and evaluating content presented in various format and media
MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Course Format
The 14 chapters in this study guide are split into 98 lessons that cover everything you need to know to develop a solid foundation in science and social studies. After every lesson is a short quiz, and all chapters conclude in a test. To help you review the concepts you've studied, we provide flashcards on science and social studies topics at the end of the study guide.
MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 40
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit : 60 minutes
- Exam Cost: $25, or $59 if you register for all four subtests
MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Exam Breakdown
|MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Exam Concept||Percentage of the MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Exam||Number of Questions|
|Fundamental Scientific Concepts||25%||10|
|Science Inquiry and Literacy Skills||25%||10|
|Fundamental Social Studies Concepts||25%||10|
|Social Studies Inquiry and Literacy Skills||25%||10|
Preparing & Registering for the MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest
To register for the MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest, you'll need to create an account on the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments website. You'll provide personal information and pay for the test by credit or bank card at registration. Once your registration is processed, you'll receive a message confirming the test, date, and location. You should show up at the testing center at least 15 minutes before the testing time and will need to bring a government-issued photo ID that matches the name in which you registered. You will be given a periodic table of elements for this particular subtest.
The lessons in this guide offer a review of topics that you'll need to comprehend for the MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest's multiple-choice questions. Lessons contain a short video and quiz, and chapters culminate in a test, so you can absorb the material throughout the course. There are also comprehensive flashcard sets for optional practice at the end of the course.
For more information on registering and preparing for the MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest, check out our MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest Informational Resources.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Social Studies Essay Topics for Teachers
- GED Social Studies: Essay Skills
- Social Science and Studies
- Social Studies Lesson Plans
- Jobs that Involve Social Studies
- Social Studies in Early Education
- How to Become a Social Studies Teacher in Connecticut
- How to Become a Social Studies Teacher in Louisiana
- Developmentally Appropriate Social Studies Instruction
- GED Social Studies Test Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses