- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 163
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 100+ Real Estate study guides, and 1,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam with our self-paced and informative study guide. Our concise video lessons and self-assessment quizzes will prepare you to show your competency in Montana real estate practices, requirements, and laws.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
19 chapters in Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Before you can become licensed to show clients their potential new homes, you must demonstrate your understanding of the real estate industry and the state laws and national regulations that govern its activities. Assessing your understanding of these key topics form the basis of the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam. This course allows you to make the most of your study time and prepares you to put your best foot forward with video lessons and self-assessment quizzes covering all of the topics you may see on the exam, including general agency principles, real estate calculations, valuation, and market analysis. Study anywhere and at any time from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Check out our real estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive real estate study guides to help you study, real estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational real estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam, covering all the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the Montana Board of Realty Regulation. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Property and land characteristics, valuations, and appraisals
- Disclosures of property conditions
- Real estate land use controls and regulations
- Real estate practices
- Real estate financing terms, concepts, and calculations
- Real estate loans, liens, and encumbrances
- Agency relationships and agreements
- Real estate sales contracts and title transfers
- Montana real estate licensing, laws, and statutory requirements
- Leasing and property management
This course consists of 19 chapters covering all the main topics on the exam. To track your progress and get you accustomed to answering the types of questions on the exam, we've also included self-assessment quizzes and chapter tests to help you support your learning.
Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam Information
The Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam measures your level of competency in all the required topics on the exam, including Montana real estate practices, licensing, and laws as well as real estate financing terms, concepts, and calculations. The test details are as follows:
- Number of Questions: 113 questions (80 for the national portion; 33 for the state portion)
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours and 30 minutes (2 hours for the national portion; 1.5 hours for the state portion)
- Exam Cost: $106 for the examination (whether you're taking one or both portions)
Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam Breakdown
|Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam Subtest I Concept||Percentage of the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam Subtest I||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Land Use Controls and Regulations||5%||4|
|Valuation and Market Analysis||7%||6|
|General Principles of Agency||13%||10|
|Leasing and Property Management||3%||3|
|Transfer of Title||8%||6|
|Real Estate Practice||13%||10|
|Real Estate Calculations||10%||8|
|Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam Subtest II Concept||Percentage of the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam Subtest II||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Duties and Powers of the Real Estate Licensing Agency||6%||2|
|Statutory Requirements Governing the Activities of Licensees||76%||25|
Preparing and Registering for the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam
Using this study guide, you'll set yourself up for success by reviewing all of the major topics on the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam by watching engaging videos and taking self-assessment quizzes. The videos focus on what the exam requires, while the self-assessment quizzes will give you the practice you'll need to succeed and help you measure your progress. After completing the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam Study Guide and Practice, you'll be confident of scoring high marks on exam day.
As part of the application process to become a licensed Montana real estate salesperson, the Montana Board of Realty Regulation requires you to have completed at least two years of study at an accredited high school or equivalent, 60 hours of approved pre-licensing education within the last 24 months, and have passed the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam within the last 12 months. To schedule to take the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam, you may register online or call PSI Services LLC, the testing administrator for the Montana Board of Realty Regulation.
Montana Real Estate Salesperson Exam is a registered trademark of Montana Board of Realty Regulation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Real Estate Lawyer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Real Estate Agent? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Real Estate Test Preparation & Resources
- Careers in Real Estate Law: Job Options and Requirements
- Commercial Real Estate Law Career Options and Education Requirements
- Online Real Estate Law Certificate Programs
- How to Become a Real Estate Attorney: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Real Estate Assessor: Employment Info & Requirements
- Real Estate Appraiser: Education & Career Requirements
- Real Estate Processor: Job Description and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses