- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 143
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Chemistry? - Definition, History & Branches
This course can be found in: MTLE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MTLE study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryReview what you need to know for the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) Chemistry test using this extensive study guide. The short video lessons help you go over essential information covered by this test, such as the properties of matter, the periodic table and thermodynamics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTLE Courses
About This Course
You can refresh your understanding of the subjects appearing on the MTLE Chemistry test with this course. Informative video lessons will guide you through a review of elements and chemicals, as well as the subject of science in general. You'll also find trained instructors to provide extra information if you need assistance. This course gives you the chance to review subjects such as:
- The nature of science in relation to chemistry
- Math and computers as related to chemistry
- Atomic structure and properties of matter
- Chemical equations and thermodynamics
- Gases, liquid, solids and solutions
- Chemical bonding, reactions and equilibrium
- Inorganic and organic compounds
- Acids and bases
- Electrochemistry and redox reactions
About the Exam
The MTLE Chemistry (Grades 9-12) exam is used to assess the skills of those seeking ti=o obtain licensure to teach chemistry in Minnesota. The test includes two subtests. The first subtest focuses on chemical research and applications, matter and atomic structure and stoichiometry. The second subtest covers thermodynamics, chemical bonding and chemical reactions. Each subtest contains approximately fifty multiple-choice questions and takes up to an hour to complete.
Preparing & Registering for the MTLE Chemistry Test
This study guide will ensure that you clearly understand the subjects on the MTLE Chemistry test. Using the quizzes at the end of every lesson will allow you to feel confident about the subjects on this test, including states of matter and chemical reactions. You'll also be going over what you know about the nature of science itself, and tools such as mathematics and computers that you can use with chemistry.
You can register online and take this test throughout the year by appointment. Test sites are available in many locations, both in and outside of Minnesota. You will need to provide identification in order to take the test. Specific test taking aids will be provided to you at the testing site.
MTLE and Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations are service marks of the State of Minnesota, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- University of Minnesota Video Review
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Minnesota State University Video Review
- GED Social Studies Test Information
- MTLE Test Preparation & Resources
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- Are Tougher Tests the Reason for the U.S. Teacher Shortage?
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts