- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 181
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Language Acquisition: Definition, Theories & Stages
This course can be found in: MTLE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MTLE study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIt's easy to prepare for the MTLE Early Childhood Education exam with this informative practice course. Each of our short video and text lessons is followed by a multiple-choice quiz you can use to test yourself, see how ready you are for exam day and find any areas that need more study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTLE Courses
About This Course
This course is comprehensive and has been designed to help you feel fully prepared for the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) Early Childhood Education exam. In this course, you will review information about the physical, social and cognitive development of young children. You will also examine the educational content taught in early education classrooms. This guide will help you refresh your understanding of the following:
- Language, reading and vocabulary subject matter
- Mathematical concepts
- Physical, Earth, space and life science topics
- Social studies, geography and civics material
- Creative development and art instruction
- Physical growth and health education
- Cognitive and social development
- Classroom management strategies
This course was last updated in 2019.
About The Exam
The MTLE Early Childhood Education exam consists of two computer-based subtests, and each subtest contains 50 multiple-choice questions. You can register to take both subtests on the same day or schedule them for different occasions. You will have one hour to complete each subtest. A score of 240 or higher is required on each subtest to qualify for certification.
MTLE Early Childhood Education Preparation and Registration
By using this study guide, you will review in detail information likely to be tested on the MTLE Early Childhood Education exam. The chapters contain short video lessons to help easily illustrate the material, and self-assessment quizzes are included for you to test your knowledge as you work your way through the course. By completing the chapters, you'll study subject matter taught in early education classrooms like reading, math, art, social studies and science. You'll explore the stages of cognitive and social development to assist you in teaching effectively. You will also examine different instructional strategies and techniques for managing your classroom.
In order to register to take the exam, you must pay a registration fee that is valid for one year. Once you are registered, you can schedule your exam and must pay an additional test fee. You can schedule an appointment to take the exam year-round, but appointments are given on a first-come, first-serve basis, so it's important to register as soon as you know when you'd like to take the exam. On the day of the exam, you'll need to arrive thirty minutes before the test is set to begin. Your scores will be sent to you and any institution you requested at registration as well as the Minnesota Board of Teaching. You may be responsible for electronically sending your scores to the Division of Educator Licensing at the Minnesota Department of Education.
Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Early Childhood Education Degree in North Carolina with Course Info
- Online Courses in Early Childhood Education: Distance Learning Options
- Top University in Harrisburg, PA, for Early Childhood Education Courses
- Online Early Childhood Special Education Classes and Courses
- Early Childhood Education Courses in MN with Degree Overviews
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Richmond, VA with School Info
- Online College Courses in Early Childhood Education with School Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses