- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 296
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Residential Safety: Definition and Precautionary Measures
This course can be found in: MTLE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MTLE study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe MTLE Health exam is a teaching endorsement exam used by Minnesota as part of the certification process for health education teachers. This study guide helps you review the material found on this exam, such as human body systems, personal health, nutrition and health education programs.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTLE Courses
About This Course
This study guide course is a comprehensive review of the material you will see on the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) Health (Grades 5-12) exam. In this review, you will review lessons, taught by expert instructors, about childhood, adolescent and adult health and development, as well as how to maintain a healthy life and avoid injuries and illness. As a study guide for a teaching certification exam, this course will also cover the objectives of health education programs and the different ways you can improve the learning of future students. After this review, you should be prepared to answer questions on the MTLE Health exam regarding:
- Injury and illness prevention, and the effects of substance use and abuse
- Systems of the human body and human sexuality
- Physical, cognitive and mental development across the life span
- Principles and functions of nutritional health
- The different aspects of personal health
- How to promote healthy decisions and health information resources
- Effects of the environment, media and the health care system on health
- Health education programs and health education instruction
About the Exam
The MTLE Heath exam is a content-area exam used by the state of Minnesota for certification of health education teachers in 5 through 12. You will be asked to complete two hour-long computer-administered subtests, each composed of 50 multiple-choice questions. You must score at least 240 on both subtests to pass.
Preparing & Registering for the MTLE Health (Grades 5-12)- Physical Education
To help you prepare for the MTLE Health exam, the chapters of this study guide course have been assembled with a series of lesson videos, lesson transcripts, lesson quizzes and practice chapter exams. Start your review of a chapter by watching a lesson video. Before you move on to the next lesson, read the transcript that accompanies your current lesson video to reinforce your retention of the information. Then, take the lesson quiz to discover the topics you missed and return to the parts of the lessons that explain those topics to improve your understanding of them. At the end of the chapter, take the practice chapter exam to test your overall understanding of general topic of that chapter.
To register for the subtests, you will need to go to MTLE website. Testing sessions are offered year-round at testing locations nationwide. If you need to change the time, date or location of a session, you may do so as long as you do it no later than 24 hours before your test appointment. You can also retake a subtest, but you must wait at least 45 days after your previous attempt.
Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) Health (Grades 5-12) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Health Teacher in Massachusetts
- Health Unit Coordinator Certification, Exam and Licensing Information
- Health Education Specialist Degree and Certificate Programs
- Health Education Teaching Programs with Course Descriptions
- Mental Health Counselor Certification and Education Programs
- Certificate Programs in Health Psychology: Education Information
- Mental Health Therapist Certification and Education Program Overviews
- Health Care Education Degree and Certificate Program Information
- Clinical Nutrition Certificate and Certification Program Summaries
- How to Become a Health Teacher in New Jersey
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses