- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 199
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Physical Development? - Definition and Examples
This course can be found in: MTLE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MTLE study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the MTLE Physical Education exam by using this study guide. Each chapter includes informative video lessons and helpful self-assessment quizzes that will help you review the concepts and information you'll find on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTLE Courses
About This Course
This course is broken down into chapters that focus on all of the topics covered by the MTLE Physical Education exam. Chapters cover everything from human growth and development to the management of a P.E. program. Individual lessons and quizzes make sure you can focus on strategies for maintaining fitness throughout a human lifespan. Information you'll review throughout this course includes:
- Physical activities for individuals and teams
- The anatomy and physiology of human movement
- Personal wellness, fitness and behaviors
- Administration and instruction in a P.E. program
- Tips for keeping P.E. programs safe
About the Exam
The MTLE Physical Education (Grades K-12) exam is required for licensure in this field in Minnesota. The test is broken down into two subtests. The first subtest covers the development of motor skills and movement activities. Subjects on the second subtest include physical fitness and wellness and the physical education program. There are approximately fifty multiple-choice questions on each subtest, and you will have an hour to complete each section.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Preparing & Registering for the MTLE Physical Education Exam
Use this course to go over the information you'll find on the MTLE Physical Education test. Our expert instructors designed each chapter to help you review what you've learned in college in preparation for the exam. Lessons cover all aspects of physical education, on both the individual and group level. The quizzes and tests included with each chapter provide you with ample opportunity to put what you know to practice.
You can register for the MTLE Physical Education exam online throughout the year. You may also select your testing center online. The test is computer-based, but must be completed in person. Study aids are not permitted in the testing facility.
Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Should I Become a Physical Therapist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Physical Therapist Assistant? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Education? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Should I Become an Anesthesiologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses