- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 257
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Scientific Research?
This course can be found in: MTLE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MTLE study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryBoost your confidence for the Minnesota Teacher License (MTLE) Exam in Physics with the help of our informative practice course. By reviewing our video and text lessons, you can refresh your understanding of all the physics topics you'll be tested on so you can easily pass the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTLE Courses
About This Course
This course will help you review the various elements of physics that you will need to have mastered to be successful on the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations in physics. The lessons, which include assessments, allow you delve into the content tested by the licensure exam. Topics covered in this course include:
- Mathematical relationships
- Safety in science
- Scientific inquiry
- Kinematics and graphing kinematics
- Linear, quadratic, and differential equations
- Motion: rotational, simple harmonic, and laws
- Light and optics
- Nuclear physics
- Quantum mechanics
This course was last updated in 2019.
About The Exam
This MTLE physics test is a computer-based test that has two subtests. Subtest I covers physics concepts, linear and rotational motion, and simple harmonic and wave motion. Subtest II's content involves electricity and magnetism, geometrical and physical optics, kinetic theory and contemporary physics. Each subtest has approximately 48 multiple-choice questions. You have up to an hour and fifteen minutes to complete each subtest. An on-screen scientific calculator and a formula/constants page are provided with your test. To pass the examination, you must make a 240 on each subtest.
Preparing & Registering for the MTLE Physics
The MTLE Physics can be taken year-round by appointment on a first-come, first-serve basis. The sites for this test, CBT sites, are located nationwide, in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Canada. To register, you'll need to create an account through the MTLE website, and select a test date and site. On test day, you must present an acceptable form of photo ID.
As you complete each lesson in this course, you can use the provided assessments to check your knowledge. If you do not pass the assessments, you can retake them after you have reviewed the instructional materials. While progressing through the lessons, use the personal dashboard to monitor your progress and scores. The knowledge that you can gain from these lessons can possibly increase your success on the licensure test.
'MTLE Physics is a registered trademark of Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations, which is not affiliated with Study.com.'
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Reading Teacher License in Minnesota
- Informative Essay Topics for Teachers
- University of Minnesota Video Review
- Online Graduate Physics Courses and Classes Review
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Minnesota State University Video Review
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- MTLE Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses