- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 183
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Developmental Skills for Children: Milestones, Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryRefer to this useful online test prep course to study for the MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder test. These simple lessons and self-assessment quizzes can help you review and master all of the exam's concepts in a few short weeks.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
24 chapters in MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder (064): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
This comprehensive course offers engaging and informative lessons that are designed to get you fully prepared for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Autism Spectrum Disorder exam. Our experienced instructors break down special education and autism spectrum disorder concepts in a way that's easy to grasp and remember. You'll review strategies and methods for teaching, assessing, and planning curriculum for students with autism spectrum disorder, and you'll also study lessons about how to communicate with and use technologies for these students. Watch short videos, review text lessons, or print transcripts to use as quick-reference tools. Measure what you've learned using self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams, and track your progress through the course using your Dashboard.
Check out our MTTC Preparation resources! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and MTTC informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
You can fully prepare to take the MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder exam by studying the lessons in this study guide. Gain insight into how autism spectrum disorder affects development, how to create positive learning environments for autistic students, and how to partner with the community in special education. Once you complete this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the basics of human development
- Define autism and understand its signs and causes
- Explain the cultural and social factors that affect learning for students with autism
- List types of assessments for students with ASD
- Develop behavior intervention and transition plans for students with autism
- Create and adapt special education curriculum and devise effective teaching strategies
- Discuss social competencies, behavior supports and communication strategies for autistic students
- Explain how to teach life skills to students with ASD
- Detail collaborative efforts between families, communities and special education professionals
- Describe the roles and ethical responsibilities of those who teach students with ASD
This course is made up of 23 individual chapters broken down into 173 video and text lessons. You can create a flexible study schedule with 24/7 availability from any device, and reach out to expert with any questions using a brief online contact form.
MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder Exam Information
Special education teachers seeking to become certified in teaching and assessing students with ASD in Michigan must pass the MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder exam.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Computer-based 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: Computer-based $130
MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder||21%||21 questions||31|
|Assessing Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developing Individualized Programs||28%||28 questions||42|
|Promoting Development and Learning in Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder||36%||36 questions||73|
|Working in a Professional Environment||15%||15 questions||27|
MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder Exam Preparation & Registration
This course allows you to study for the MTTC Autism Spectrum Disorder exam any time that fits your schedule. The bite-sized nature of the lessons helps you quickly move through the course and remember important special education terms/concepts. Use the course dashboard to navigate to the chapter topics you want to study. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you retain the information. We've also included chapter exams and a final course assessment to help you get comfortable answering the types of questions that you'll encounter on the MTTC exam. Our experienced instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have.
To register for the exam, you'll need to navigate to the official MTTC website. The website will have you select the exam you want to take and identify the institutions to which you'd like your exam scores sent. The rest of the online application process consists of filling out personal information, submitting and exam fee and agree to all MTTC testing rules.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialist
- Test Prep
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- Should I Be a Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Psychiatrist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Electrician? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Actuary? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Writer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Sheriff? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Principal? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses