- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 198
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Principles of Growth and Development
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryEnhance your preparations for the MTTC Cognitive Impairment test by utilizing the study resources in this engaging course. Review entertaining lessons and take short quizzes and practice exams to strengthen your knowledge of cognitive impairment concepts before the day of the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
This self-paced course offers the comprehensive overview you need to better understand concepts you could see on the MTTC Cognitive Impairment test. Bite-sized lessons cover characteristics of cognitive impairments, factors that impact development and learning, instructional planning, self-advocacy for students with impairments and much more. Lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam make it easy to gauge your knowledge of this information.
Check out our MTTC test prep materials! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MTTC resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The information that you should know to excel on the MTTC Cognitive Impairment exam are covered in this course. You can boost your understanding of student intervention strategies, crisis counseling, legal responsibilities of teachers and assessment accommodations for students with disabilities. By taking advantage of these resources, you will be ready to do the following:
- Detail abnormal and normal human development and growth
- Explain how cognitive impairments impact learning and life
- Recount types of assessment for students with cognitive impairments and how to conduct those assessments
- Discuss how to interpret educational assessment results and plan for students with IEPs
- Describe learning environment management in special education
- Provide information about the basics of individualizing instruction for students with cognitive impairments
- Explain how to teach communication and life skills to students with special needs
- Discuss teaching and curriculum strategies for students with disabilities
- Recall behavioral interventions and ways to support life transitions for students with special needs
- Describe how to develop partnerships to support students and communicate with students and families in SPED
- Give details about legal and educational reform for students with special needs
- Relate issues Michigan teachers face professionally
This course has 21 individual chapters that are comprised of 187 text and video lessons. You can easily assess your comprehension of the material covered in each lesson by taking self-assessment quizzes and completing each chapter exam.
MTTC Cognitive Impairment Exam Information
The MTTC Cognitive Impairment test is designed for teaching candidates or current educators seeking certification for Michigan schools. To pass, you must earn a minimum score of 220.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $130
MTTC Cognitive Impairment Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Cognitive Impairment Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Cognitive Impairment Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding Students with Cognitive Impairments||20%||20 questions||40|
|Assessing Students with Cognitive Impairments and Developing Individualized Programs||20%||20 questions||47|
|Promoting Development and Learning in Students with Cognitive Impairments||40%||40 questions||65|
|Working in the Professional Environment||20%||20 questions||35|
MTTC Cognitive Impairment Exam Preparation & Registration
Each lesson in this course covers a different cognitive impairment topic, enabling you to tailor your preparations for the MTTC Cognitive Impairment test to your unique study needs. Select only a few lessons to study or review them all to gain full comprehension of intellectual disabilities, performance assessments, accommodation vs. modification, how to teach life skills to children and much more. Use our multiple-choice quizzes to check your comprehension of the lessons you study. For a broader review, be sure to take our chapter exams and final exam. These study resources are accessible 24/7 and can be viewed using any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection.
Registration for both the paper-based and computer-based tests is available 24/7 online. To register, you must sign into or create an online account, share your email address and enter your name as displayed on your government-issued ID. While registering, you will also be able to choose the school to which you would like your test scores sent. On the day of the test, be sure to arrive 15 minutes early for. Present your admission ticket received via email following registration and your government-issued ID. If you need to reschedule, you can do so online by 5 p.m. eastern time on the late registration deadline.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- MTTC Test Preparation & Resources
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- TACHS Test Preparation & Resources
- EPPP Test Preparation & Resources
- GRE Test Preparation & Resources
- NCLEX Test Preparation & Resources
- ASCP Test Preparation & Resources
- HSPT Test Preparation & Resources
- GED Test Preparation & Resources
- Mfa Acting Programs in Florida
- Graphic Designers Employment Information for Recent Graduates Pursuing a Career in the Graphic Designing Professions
- Social Work Graduate Programs in Southern California
- Video Productions Assistant Employment Information for Entry-Level Video Producing Careers
- Moscow, Idaho (ID) Colleges
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses