- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 124
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Computer Science? - Definition & Fields
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this mobile-friendly course to get ready for the MTTC Computer Science exam. You'll study short video lessons and take interactive self-assessment quizzes that are designed to strengthen your computer science knowledge and make sure you're prepared on exam day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
Study for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Computer Science exam with this comprehensive and convenient test prep course. Containing simple video lessons and practice quizzes, the course helps you break down and simplify all of the computer science topics that appear on the exam, such as the history of computing, application software, information access resources and data storage. These lessons can be accessed from any device, at any time, making your study time flexible and convenient to any schedule. Use a short online contact form to reach out to experts with any lesson-specific questions.
Check out our MTTC Preparation resources! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and MTTC informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Review the information contained in this study guide to ensure your full understanding of the material you'll need to know for the MTTC Computer Science exam. Study the history of computing, software and network systems, computer science classroom technology and programming basics. Once you have finished your study of this guide, you should be able to:
- Define computer hardware, motherboard, video card and other computer components
- Explain computer operating systems, security systems and file systems
- Provide details about application software
- Discuss details about the Internet
- Understand aspects of telecommunications
- Name and discuss multimedia resources
- Understand data storage and relevant algorithms
- Write computer programs
- Apply computer science teaching and assessment strategies
This course is made up of 13 individual chapters broken down into 114 video and text lessons. Watch these short lessons as often as needed to ensure your full understanding and print transcripts to use as quick-reference study tools.
MTTC Computer Science (050) Exam Information
The MTTC Computer Science exam is one of several teacher certification exams used by the state of Michigan to measure one's readiness in teaching in this subject area.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $129
MTTC Computer Science (050) Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Computer Science Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Computer Science Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Educational Computing and Technology Literacy||22%||22 questions||29|
|Computer Systems, Data and Algorithms||21%||21 questions||26|
|Program Design and Verification||19%||19 questions||13|
|Programming Language Concepts||19%||19 questions||21|
|Professional Preparation||19%||19 questions||25|
MTTC Computer Science (050) Test Preparation & Registration
You'll be able to work through this course whenever you have free time in your schedule. You can take the course from start to finish, or simply focus on the topics you want to study. The video lessons are designed to be simple and concise, which helps you move through the course quickly. Take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to reinforce your understanding of important computer science terms. Our instructors are available to answer any questions you may have, and you can take the course's final assessment to make sure you're ready for the MTTC Computer Science exam.
You can complete your registration on the MTTC official website. You'll select the exam you wish to take and make your payment online. You'll also be required to fill out personal information, answer a few background questions and read through the official testing rules for MTTC exams.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Major in Computer Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Computer Science Professions Video: Starting a Career in the Computer Sciences
- Why Get a Masters in Computer Science?
- Online Computer Science Courses, Classes and Schools
- Computer Science Courses in Utah with School Overviews
- Computer Science Schools in Alabama with Course Overviews
- Associates Degrees in Computer Science with Course Information
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Master's in Computer Science in Seattle
- Master's in Computer Science in Boston
- Registered Nurse Job Information and Requirements for Students Considering a Career As a RN
- List of Free Online Bookkeeping Courses and Classes
- Athletic Training Graduate Programs in Texas
- Drafting and Design Degree Program in Norfolk, VA
- Marriage Counselors Employment Information for Students Considering a Career As a Marriage Counselor
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses