- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 234
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Developmental Skills for Children: Milestones, Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive test preparation course helps you study for the MTTC Emotional Impairment exam. Access these bite-sized lessons to review all of the exam's concepts, and take our interactive quizzes to get comfortable answering the types of questions you'll be asked on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
Work through this course at your own pace to review all of the concepts that appear on the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Emotional Impairment exam. You'll learn from expert instructors who explain special education and emotional impairment concepts in a way that's easy to understand and remember.
Check out our MTTC test prep materials! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MTTC resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The topics that you must know to ace the MTTC Emotional Impairment exam are covered in this course. You can improve your knowledge of language acquisition, crisis counseling, self-directed learning, forms of assessment, IEPs, self-awareness activities for students, and teacher professional development. By using these comprehensive resources, you'll be able to do the following:
- Recount fundamentals of human growth and development
- List emotional impairment characteristics and effects
- Discuss educational psychology and emotional impairments
- Name the pharmacological and psychiatric elements of emotional impairments
- Recall factors that influence learning and development
- Use and interpret emotional impairment assessments
- Provide details about emotional impairment monitoring strategies
- Relate Individualized Education Plans for students with emotional impairments
- Discuss transition planning and behavioral interventions
- Describe positive learning environments for students with emotional impairments
- Recount curriculum concepts, teaching strategies and individualized instruction methods
- Communicate benefits of technology use for students with emotional impairments
- Give information about fostering communication, social and life skills
- Discuss student, parent, school and community collaboration/partnerships
- Explain special education foundations for students with emotional impairments in the state of Michigan
- Detail the roles of special education teachers
This course contains 25 individual chapters that are comprised of 221 lessons delivered in both text and video formats. You can assess your knowledge of the material covered in each lesson by taking self-assessment quizzes and completing each chapter exam.
MTTC Emotional Impairment (059) Exam Information
MTTC exams assess the knowledge and skills that candidates must have in order to teach in Michigan schools as part of the state's teacher certification process. You must earn a minimum score of 220 to pass the exam.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $129
MTTC Emotional Impairment (059) Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Emotional Impairment Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Emotional Impairment Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding Students with Emotional Impairments||28%||28 questions||46|
|Assessing Students with Emotional Impairments and Developing Individualized Programs||27%||27 questions||69|
|Promoting Development and Learning in Students with Emotional Impairments||30%||30 questions||69|
|Working in the Professional Environment||15%||15 questions||37|
MTTC Emotional Impairment (059) Exam Preparation & Registration
This course was designed with convenience and flexibility in mind. Use any computer or mobile device to access the course and start studying at your own pace. Your dashboard offers easy navigation to chapter topics. After watching/reading a lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quiz to make sure you are retaining key terms and concepts. Lesson transcripts are also available to print. Our instructors are available to answer any questions you may have, and you can revisit these resources as many times as needed. We've also included chapter exams and a final course assessment to help you evaluate your readiness to take the MTTC Emotional Impairment exam.
You can complete your exam registration online through the official MTTC website. You'll be prompted to select your desired test, as well as the institutions to which you want to send your test scores. The online registration process also involves paying an exam fee, submitting personal information, answering background questions and agreeing to the MTTC's testing rules.
The MTTC Emotional Impairment test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- MTTC Test Preparation & Resources
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Compass Exams
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses