- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 205
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Skin: Layers, Function & Structure
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this course to prepare for the MTTC Health exam. You can access the lessons and quizzes in this study guide to review the concepts regarding mental, physical and emotional health that you need to be familiar with when you take this exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
Seeking to become a health teacher in the state of Michigan? You'll need to take and pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Health exam to obtain the necessary certification needed for this career. This extensive study guide allows you to review details about anatomy, nutrition, healthy lifestyle practices, health education programs and more as you prepare for this exam. Easily access each lesson 24/7 from any device and print lesson transcripts to create quick-reference study aids. Use your Dashboard to track your progress and take self-assessment lesson quizzes to measure how much you've learned and to determine your readiness in taking the MTTC Health exam.
Check out our MTTC Preparation resources! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and MTTC informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Every concept you could encounter on the MTTC Health exam is covered in this course. You will have the opportunity to review details about the role of nutrition in health, drug and substance abuse, the function of the immune system, and healthy lifestyle promotion strategies. Once you have completed this guide, you should be able to:
- Detail human body systems and their functions
- Discuss emotional, mental and social health topics
- Describe the effects of tobacco and alcohol on health
- Understand successful love and family relationships
- Provide details about the impact of exercise and stress management on health
- List factors impacting violence and intentional injuries
- Give details about the development and implementation of health education programs
This course is made up of 24 individual chapters broken down into 190 video and text lessons. Short, engaging lessons take only 5-10 minutes to review, and you can easily reach out to experts with any questions about this material using an online contact form.
MTTC Health Exam Information
Michigan uses the MTTC exams to measure one's knowledge of a specific content area as part of the process to earn teaching certification in specific subject areas. Use this study guide to review all the material you would need to know for the MTTC Health exam.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $129
MTTC Health Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Health Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Health Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Basic Health Concepts||26%||26 questions||111|
|Health Skills and Behavior||26%||26 questions||28|
|School Health Education||26%||26 questions||46|
|Professional Responsibilities||22%||22 questions||6|
Preparing & Registering for the MTTC Health Exam
This study guide was designed specifically to help you prepare to take the MTTC Health exam with confidence. Chapters give you the chance to focus on each concept, with video lessons that walk you through the principles of health. You'll have access to expert instructors who can answer any questions you might have about the material. The course also offers you quizzes and tests so you can demonstrate what you know.
You can register for the MTTC Health exam online. The computer-based exam can be taken year-round by appointment. You can select the test you'd like to take and the testing site you'd like to use when you register. Your scores will be available within four to six weeks of your test session.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Mental Health Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Courses in Mental Health: Course Descriptions
- Online Mental Health Counseling Courses and Classes
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- Health Claims Examiner Classes and Courses
- How to Become a Mental Health Clinician: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Online Animal Health Courses and Classes Review
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Mental Health Counseling?
- RN Mental Health Certification
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses