- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 195
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Relationships Between the Language Arts
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you're planning on taking the MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) exam, review this study guide course to get ready. The course covers topics that you'll likely find on your test, and the short lessons and practice quizzes make for an easy and effective test preparation experience.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
27 chapters in MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) (090): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
This comprehensive online course is designed to get you prepared for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Language Arts (Elementary) exam. Follow along with our expert language arts instructors to brush up on the topics you'll need to know, such as integrated language arts, rhetorical techniques, research sources, intercultural communication, emergent literacy, second language acquisition and much more. The course includes bite-sized lessons, practice assessments and a variety of supplemental studying resources that are simple and easy to use.
Check out our MTTC test prep materials! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MTTC resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The content of this course is closely aligned with topics that appear on the MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) exam. You'll refresh your understanding of elementary-level language arts instruction as well as the subject areas that are typically taught in elementary English curricula. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Identify communication models, the elements of communication, rhetorical devices and language components
- Outline the process of literacy development and language acquisition
- Promote emergent literacy in the classroom
- Define the conventions of standard English and language usage
- Compare types/forms of writing, literature and performance
- Describe major themes in children's and young adult literature
- Help students develop literary analysis and interpretation skills
- Differentiate between points of views in texts
- Analyze nonfiction texts and media
- Outline the process of writing and research
- Explain the basics of mass media
- Recognize the purpose of reflection, self-assessment and student goals in the classroom
This course offers 192 lessons that are divided into 27 topical chapters. You can take the course in sequence for a comprehensive studying experience, or you can use the dashboard to jump to the chapter topics you want to spend the most time reviewing. The course's self-assessments are included to help you retain the language arts terms and concepts you study.
MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) (090) Exam Information
The MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) exam is used for teacher certification purposes in the state of Michigan. As of July 14, 2018, all versions of this assessment will be administered via computer.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $129
MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Meaning and communication||28%||28||63|
|Literature, genre and craft||36%||36||94|
|Skills and processes||36%||36||35|
MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) Exam Preparation and Registration
We've designed this course with simplicity and flexibility in mind. The course is entirely self-paced, and you can access it from any device that has an Internet connection. This way, you can study at your leisure from school, home, work, a coffee shop or wherever you happen to be. You can watch the video lessons and follow along with the printable lesson transcripts. Take the self-assessments to make sure you fully understand the material, and don't hesitate to submit questions to our language arts experts if you need extra help. Finally, we encourage you to take the final course exam to make sure you're fully prepared for the MTTC Language Arts (Elementary) exam.
To register for the exam, head over to the official MTTC website. You'll be asked to create an MTTC account and select your desired exam date and testing site. Testing sites are located throughout the country, and the exam is offered throughout the year. The registration process also involves paying an exam fee and agreeing to the MTTC testing policies.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliates, which are not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- MTTC Test Preparation & Resources
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- List of Free Online French Language Lessons and Courses
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- GED Reasoning Through Language Arts Test Information
- Taking Harder Tests Makes You Smarter
- Does Taking Online Courses Make You Look Bad?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses