- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 237
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Difference Between Impairment, Disability, Developmental Delay & Handicap
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide offers a review of different types of learning disabilities and special education instructional strategies for basic language, math and reading skills. This course is a great tool if you're preparing for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Learning Disabilities exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
Use this course to get ready to take the MTTC Learning Disabilities exam. From assessment procedures to roles of special education teachers, this study guide course is designed to address the various aspects of learning disabilities you'll need to know for the test. Short video lessons examine types of disabilities, intervention methods, curriculum accommodations and modifications, skills development and collaborative efforts. This course is accessible on any mobile device or computer 24 hours a day, giving you a flexible and convenient resource to use in your test preparations.
Check out our MTTC test prep materials! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MTTC resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
Our test prep course aligns with the concepts that you'll need to know to do well on the exam. You will gain insight into how the behavior and progress of special education students are assessed and monitored, plus much more. After you have finished this course, you should have a better understanding of how to:
- Describe types of learning disabilities
- Detail the characteristics of language, emotional, behavioral, social and other disorders
- Explain assessment methods, procedures and interpretation in special education
- Create transition plans and effective learning environments in special education
- Adapt instructional plans for special needs students
- Understand practices for promoting language, reading, writing, social, living and math skills
- Discuss the development and implementation of behavioral intervention plans
- Explain special education teacher roles, responsibilities and professional development resources
- Outline collaborative and communication methods in special education
- Identify current trends and legal issues in special education
A series of 193 concise lessons are grouped into 26 chapters for your review in this course. In order to help you assess your knowledge, you can test yourself using our lesson quizzes and chapter tests to make sure you're ready for exam day.
MTTC Learning Disabilities Exam Information
The MTTC Learning Disabilities exam is used to measure a teacher's knowledge of methods and processes in special education and the instructional needs of students with learning disabilities for licensing purposes. The exam can be administered by paper or computer.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $130
MTTC Learning Disabilities Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Learning Disabilities Concept||Percent of the MTTC Learning Disabilities Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding Students with Learning Disabilities||22%||22 questions||27|
|Assessing Students with Learning Disabilities and Developing Individualized Programs||17%||17 questions||39|
|Teaching and Modifying Instruction and Curricula for Students with Learning Disabilities||44%||44 questions||102|
|Working in the Professional Environment||17%||17 questions||25|
MTTC Learning Disabilities Exam Preparation & Registration
Exploring this comprehensive study guide is one of the easiest ways to prepare fully for the MTTC Learning Disabilities exam. You can review developmental delays and disabilities; the cognitive, physical, social and emotional development of individuals with learning disabilities and factors that affect this development; and types of disorders, such as language, sensory, behavioral, social and emotional disorders. You will also go over assessment methods, inclusive practices, development of student goals, classroom management techniques and adapting instruction for special education students. Other lessons focus on instructional strategies and methods for teaching reading, writing, math, social competency and life skills to students with learning disabilities, as well as professional practices in areas of behavioral intervention, communication, collaboration, responsibilities and teacher development. This course contains lessons in both video and text formats, which are accessible from any device at all times. Quizzes and exams allow you to measure your knowledge and ability to take the MTTC Learning Disabilities exam.
You can register for MTTC Learning Disabilities exam online 24/7 by clicking on the 'Register Now' link on the MTTC website. Create an account and submit all required information and payment of test fees with a debit, credit or check card. Once you receive a registration confirmation email, you can then schedule your test date and location.
MTTC is a trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Coping with Learning Disabilities
- Great Schools for Students with Learning Disabilities
- How to Succeed in College with a Learning Disability
- Learning Disabilities: Fact and Fiction
- Learning Disabilities: Information & Accommodations
- Michigan Special Education Teacher Certification Requirements
- Become a Learning Disability Specialist: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Teaching Special Education - Learning Disabilities
- Top Resource Sites for Learning Disabilities
- Active Learning | Definition & Strategies for Teachers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses