- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 82
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Role of Library Media Specialists
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you plan on taking the MTTC Library Media exam, use this comprehensive test prep course to study and make sure you're fully prepared. The course's engaging lessons and practice quizzes offer you an effective and convenient way to review all of the library media topics that appear on the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
This online test prep course helps you review all of the topics that you could encounter on the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Library Media exam. The course is taught by experienced instructors who can help you learn, review and remember essential library media concepts, such as library program administration and instructional strategies for librarians. Work through this course on any mobile device or computer at your leisure 24 hours a day.
Check out our MTTC test prep materials! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MTTC resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All of the subjects you can expect to find on the exam are covered in this comprehensive and informative course. Once you finish this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Detail library media specialist roles
- Explain human growth and learning theories
- Discuss instructional and collaboration strategies for librarians in Michigan
- Outline differentiation and diverse student populations
- Identify literature for children and young adults
- Describe diversity in literature programs
- Define technology integration for teachers
- Explain library program information use and access
- Outline data and assessment for library media specialists
- Detail administration and professionalism for library programs
With 74 lessons in ten convenient chapters, this study guide course provides everything that you need to know for the exam. To make sure you're ready, take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests provided within this course.
MTTC Library Media Exam Information
The MTTC Library Media exam is divided into five subareas and is used in the state of Michigan for teacher licensure.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: Two hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $129
MTTC Library Media Exam Preparation & Registration
You can work through the course at your own pace. Use the course dashboard to find the chapter topics you want to study. You'll watch/read bite-sized lessons and take short self-assessment quizzes to reinforce your understanding of important library media topics. If you need any help with the material, you can submit questions to our instructors online. Lesson transcripts can also be printed out if you wish to study offline. Use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and be sure to take the final assessment to make sure you're ready for the MTTC Library Media test.
Registration for the exam can be completed on the MTTC official website. After selecting your desired exam and test date, you'll be instructed to submit payment, fill out personal information, review several background questions and read through the exam testing rules.
The MTTC Library Media test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Library Media Specialist: Job Description, Salary and Requirements
- Library Media Specialist Degree Program and Licensure Information
- Taking Harder Tests Makes You Smarter
- Test Prep
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- How Do I Love My Library: Let ME Count the Ways
- Media Studies Degree Programs with Course Information
- MTTC Test Preparation & Resources
- Video Library
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses