- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 147
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Physical Fitness? - Definition & Importance
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryRefer to this study guide to learn new facts or review what you might already know about fitness, motor skills, physical education instructional strategies and more. You'll watch video lessons and take practice quizzes that will help you get ready for the MTTC Physical Education exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
All aspiring physical education teachers in the state of Michigan are required to take and pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Physical Education exam. This study guide contains chapters on topics like growth and development, the body's composition, motor skills, and more. After you've viewed each lesson, you can assess the amount of information you remember by taking the accompanying multiple-choice quiz. These resources will prepare you to answer MTTC Physical Education exam questions and to obtain the necessary score needed to pass this exam.
Check out our MTTC Preparation resources! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and MTTC informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This comprehensive study guide is designed to address all of the concepts you could need to know when taking the MTTC Physical Education exam. Chapters focus on such topics as body systems, fitness assessment methods, motor skills development and sports skills for soccer, floor hockey, softball, football, gymnastics and other team and individual sports. When you have completed this course, you should be able to:
- Define physical fitness
- List types of physical activities
- Discuss movement skills and biomechanics
- Explain physical and cognitive development and influences on growth in these areas
- Apply physical fitness assessment methods
- Develop effective physical education lesson plans and instructional strategies
- Understand how to evaluate and motivate students
- Discuss trends and safety in physical education programs
This course is made up of 15 individual chapters broken down into 140 video and text lessons. Lessons take less than ten minutes to review and are accessible 24/7 from any device, so you can study wherever and whenever it's most convenient for you.
MTTC Physical Education Exam Information
The only way to obtain the necessary certification to begin a career as a phys ed teacher in Michigan is to successfully complete the MTTC Physical Education exam.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Computer-based 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: Computer-based $129
MTTC Physical Education Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Physical Education Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Physical Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Physical Activity, Fitness and Health||17%||17 questions||22|
|Movement and Lifelong Physical Activities||27%||27 questions||27|
|Growth, Development and Learning||14%||14 questions||39|
|Planning, Instruction and Assessment||14%||14 questions||22|
|Management, Motivation and Communication||14%||14 questions||14|
|Foundations, Reflection and Professional Collaboration||14%||14 questions||16|
Preparing & Registering for the MTTC Physical Education Exam
This study guide was designed to help you take the MTTC Physical Education exam with confidence. Chapters give you the chance to focus on specific concepts, with video lessons that walk you through the principles of health. You can submit questions to our subject experts who can answer any questions you might have about the material. The course also offers you quizzes and tests so you can test what you know.
You can register for the MTTC Physical Education exam online. The computer-based exam can be taken year-round by appointment. You can select the testing site you'd like to use when you register. Your scores will be available within four to six weeks of your test session.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Fitness Education and Career Information
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- Physical Fitness Management: Training and Education Program Options
- New York Physical Education Teacher Certification
- Education Required to Become a Physical Therapist
- Graduate Programs in Physical Education
- Top Schools for Physical Education
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Massachusetts
- Can I Earn a PhD in Physical Education?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses