- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 195
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Development Stages From Infancy to Late Adulthood
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryTake this comprehensive test prep course to get ready for the MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments exam. This collection of short lessons and practice quizzes allows you to review all of the exam's topics any time that fits your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
25 chapters in MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments (058): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About This Course
In this course, you'll find fun lessons that are designed to get you ready for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Physical & Other Health Impairments exam. Our expertly taught lessons examine the fundamentals of atypical development, special education instruction techniques, self-advocacy and much more. You'll be able to quickly move through the course and retain your knowledge with the included self-assessment quizzes.
Check out our MTTC test prep materials! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MTTC resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course covers the topics that you must know to do well on the MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments exam. You can improve your understanding of classroom behavior management, the stages of language development, cultural competency in communication and transition planning. By taking advantage of these resources, you will become better prepared to do the following:
- Identify normal and atypical human growth/development
- Recall the characteristics of traumatic brain injury, physical impairments and other impairments
- Discuss assistive and adaptive equipment in special education
- Describe the effect of impairments on learning and development
- Recount assessment methods, evaluation procedures and multidisciplinary evaluation in special education
- Provide details about individualized instruction plans, teams and meetings
- Quantify the need for evaluations and ongoing assessments for students with impairments
- Discuss designing and managing learning environments for students with impairments
- Recount details about special education teaching and communication strategies
- Explain how to promote self-advocacy for students with disabilities
- Discuss special education transitions
- Detail parent, family, community and colleague collaboration for special education teachers
- Recall special education's history and legal foundations
- Discuss the ethical and professional roles of special education teachers
This course has 24 individual chapters that are comprised of 175 text and video lessons. You can easily assess your comprehension of the material covered in each lesson by taking self-assessment quizzes and completing each chapter exam.
MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments Exam Information
Prospective teachers in the state of Michigan must take MTTC exams as part of their teacher certification requirements. The test is designed to measure a candidate's ability to demonstrate the professional knowledge and skills that are needed for teaching in Michigan schools. The Physical & Other Health Impairments exam is taken via computer and requires a passing score of 220.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $130
MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments Exam Breakdown
|MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments Exam Concept||Percent of the MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding Students with Physical or Other Health Impairments||25%||25 questions||53|
|Assessing Students with Physical or Other Health Impairments and Developing Individualized Programs||25%||25 questions||30|
|Promoting Development and Learning in Students with Physical or Other Health Impairments||30%||30 questions||58|
|Working in the Professional Environment||20%||20 questions||34|
MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments Exam Preparation & Registration
We've designed this course to be flexible, convenient and fun. You can use any computer or mobile device to progress through the course materials. The video lessons include interactive timelines to help you review key terms and concepts, and you can also print the included lesson transcripts if you want to study offline. Your dashboard allows you to navigate to the chapter topics you want to study. Be sure to take the lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final assessment to gain confidence before sitting for the MTTC exam. Our expert instructors are available to answer any questions you may have about special education instruction.
The official MTTC website allows you to complete registration online. You'll be required to select your desired exam date and site, submit applicable exam fees, provide personal information, answer a few background questions and agree to all testing policies. Testing is available at Pearson testing centers throughout North America.
The MTTC Physical & Other Health Impairments test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Test Prep
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- MTTC Test Preparation & Resources
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Online Animal Health Courses and Classes Review
- How to Balance AP Test Prep With Your Other Schoolwork
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- What Kinds of Courses Do You Take in a Public Health Program?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses