- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 283
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
This course can be found in: MTTC Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ MTTC study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe MTTC Professional Readiness Examination is used to ensure that individuals wanting to begin student teaching are ready to start building their professional skills in front of a classroom. You can get fully prepared for this exam by completing the short lessons and quizzes in this online course.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
29 chapters in MTTC Professional Readiness Examination (096): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MTTC Courses
About this Course
This course is a complete review of the material you will be tested on when you take the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Professional Readiness Examination. As such, it will go over material you will see on the reading, mathematics, and writing sections of the exam while demonstrating ways you can improve your skills in these three key aspects of academics. Following these lessons, you should have a better understanding of:
- Basic number senses, arithmetic operations, measurements and significant digits
- Critical thinking, problems solving skills and logic
- Algebraic expressions, geometric equations and basic trigonometry
- Fundamentals of statistics and probability
- Literary themes and the analysis of text
- Advantages of different reading strategies
- Sentence and paragraph structures in writing
- Elements of effective arguments and essays
This exam is no longer offered and is not an option for meeting the state requirements for student teaching. For resources for your other MTTC exams, check out all of our MTTC test prep materials! We've got MTTC courses to teach you the material, comprehensive MTTC study guides to help you study, MTTC practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational MTTC resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
About the Exam
The MTTC Professional Readiness Exam is used in Michigan to make sure individuals are ready to go into student teaching. The reading section contains 42 multiple-choice questions; there is a mathematics section with 45 multiple-choice questions and a writing section with 42 multiple-choice questions and two constructive-response assignments. When you register for this exam you have the choice to take it as a paper-based test or a computer-based test. There is a four-hour, 30-minute time limit for either type. You need to score at least 220 on each subtest to pass.
Preparing & Registering for the MTTC Professional Readiness Examination
As part of your preparations for the MTTC Professional Readiness Exam, review these lessons as your schedule allows. Test your understanding of the topics covered by taking the lesson quizzes. In the video lessons, you can use the video tags to return to and review the parts of the lessons that explain the topics you didn't understand. Once you've completed the lessons and quizzes in each chapter, be sure to take that chapter's practice exam to measure your overall understanding of the material before you move on to the next chapter.
Before you register for the MTTC Professional Readiness Examination, you must set up an account on the MTTC website. If you choose to sign up for the paper-based test, you have to choose a test date from one of four days offered in a year, while the computer-based version is offered during various testing windows year-round. The choice of format will determine the testing sites you have available.
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Professional Readiness Examination is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Skills
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- How to Become a Professional Chef Online
- How to Become a Professional Photographer Online
- Online Courses for Professional Caregivers of Infants & Toddlers
- Online Courses and Education Programs in Professional Photography
- Online Degree in Professional Counseling with Course Information
- Online Skin Care Courses for Aspiring Skin Care Professionals
- Online Certified Professional Secretary Courses and Certification Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses