- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 199
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Tempo Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThese lesson plans and activities simplify the process of developing music curriculum or lesson plans. Benefit from teacher resources that can help improve your lectures, differentiate your instruction and strengthen your students' learning outcomes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Educators ready to plan fun and engaging lessons for their students can benefit from the informative music lesson plans and activities in this online course. These teacher resources provide tips and strategies you can use to develop entertaining lectures on topics that include classic music composers, jazz, ragtime and rock music. Lesson plans feature learning objectives, discussion questions, homework suggestions and more. Fun activity ideas are also included that you can use to get your students involved during your lessons.
How It Works
Feel free to navigate these resources at any pace that suits your schedule and planning needs. Select the lesson plans and activities you want to use and revisit them as often as needed. All teacher resources in this course are available 24/7.
This course offers features that include the following:
- Engaging lesson plans you can use to improve your music curriculum, lessons, class assignments and more
- Activities designed to bring your lessons to life while getting your students involved during class time
- Mobile accessibility that allows you to view these teacher resources using any computer, tablet or smartphone
- A personal Dashboard that lets you easily navigate these resources and send any questions to our experts
How It Helps
- Simplifies lesson planning: Lesson planning is made easy thanks to pre-made lesson plans and guidance on what information should be included in your music unit.
- Keeps students engaged: Fun music activities enable you to illustrate concepts you want your students to better understand while keeping them interested in your lessons.
- Aligns with curriculum standards: This course's lesson plans and other resources meet essential music course standards.
The teacher resources in this course cover topics that include:
- Music and terminology
- Composers of classical music
- Ragtime and jazz
- Rock music
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flashcards - Curriculum & Instructional Planning
- Flashcards - Lesson Planning & Instructional Strategies
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Strategies for Creating Personalized Learning Plans for Students
- Flashcards - Developing & Strengthening Writing
- Flashcards - Student Characteristics in Differentiated Instruction
- The Benefits of Learning What Your Students Already Know
- Flashcards - Instructional Planning for New York ESOL Teachers
- Music Lessons for Non-Musicians
- Tips for Developing Student Outcome Goals That Focus on Results
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses