- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 119
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the NAPLAN?
Course SummaryHelp your students prepare for the NAPLAN Year 3 exam with this fun and effective study guide. This self-paced course helps students strengthen the literacy and numeracy skills they'll need to demonstrate on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - What is the NAPLAN?|
|Lesson 2 - How Can I Help My Child Get Ready for the NAPLAN Test?|
About This Course
This study guide course is designed to cover all the information that your students need to know for the NAPLAN Year 3 exam. Through a series of video-based lessons, the course breaks down topics and concepts related to math, reading, writing and language conventions. As your students progress through the course, they can practice answering the types of questions they'll encounter on the exam through our interactive practice quizzes. You'll also find information about the structure of the test and tips to help students prepare. The course goes over all of the exam's concepts, including:
- English grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation
- Reading comprehension
- The writing process
- Counting, estimation and number patterns
- Fractions and decimals
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Word problems in math
- Money, measurement and time
- Graphs, figures and charts
About The Exam
The NAPLAN Year 3 exam is an assessment test that's designed to evaluate literacy and numeracy skills for Australian students at the Year 3 level. These tests help teachers, schools and parents identify areas of strength or weakness in their students' academic performance. NAPLAN tests are administered over a period of three days and contain a variety of multiple-choice and constructed-response questions.
NAPLAN Year 3 Exam Preparation & Registration
This course is aligned with the content on the NAPLAN Year 3 exam. Your students can take the entire course from start to finish, or just review those topics they need extra help with. Lesson quizzes and chapter exams and included to asses students' understanding of the material and help them retain the information they've learned. The quizzes can also be printed out as worksheets for offline study.
NAPLAN assessments are administered throughout Australian schools once per year. Students must sit for the exam if they go to a state, Catholic or independent Australian school. NAPLAN's website contains examples of the test's question format, as well as information about the exam's move from a paper-based format to a computer-based format.
The National Assessment Program - Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) exams are offered by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Fun Internship Opportunities That Prepare Students for Careers
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- National EKG Certification Exam Information for Students
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses