- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 102
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the NAPLAN?
Course SummaryHelp your child perform their best on the NAPLAN Year 5 assessment by using the learning resources in this course. Assessments like the NAPLAN may make young students nervous, but reviewing the topics addressed in the exam through our interactive online platform can build student confidence.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - What is the NAPLAN?|
|Lesson 2 - How Can I Help My Child Get Ready for the NAPLAN Test?|
About This Course
The NAPLAN Year 5 assessment is meant to measure your students' progress throughout the year. It's easy for students to forget information they learned earlier in the school year, but this course helps them to refresh their memories and perform their best on the exam. This comprehensive study guide helps students review such topics as:
- NAPLAN test formats
- Spelling, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Interpreting and reading texts
- Identifying different types of texts
- Writing techniques and tips
- Patterns, fractions, numbers, and one-variable equations
- Geometric shapes
- Probability, graphs, and charts
- Direction, money, weights, and time
- Word problem strategies
About The Exam
This test verifies that Australian students in year 5 meet education standards and requirements. As an assessment test, it's offered once per year, and the entire test takes place over several days. Each day students take 1-2 subject tests. The subject categories include writing, language, reading, and numeracy.
Depending on the section, students have 40-50 minutes to complete each test. The tests are typically administered at the students' school. With the exception of the writing portion of the NAPLAN, questions are mostly multiple-choice. As this is an assessment, there is no passing score requirement. Students receive a statement of performance that indicates performance compared to national standards.
Preparing & Registering for the NAPLAN Year 5 Assessment
Our online platform uses both video lessons and text-based lessons. Individual lessons can be completed in 5-10 minutes. Your students can go through the lessons at their own speed and revisit the lessons as many times as needed. Each lesson is self-contained, so students can review as many or as few lessons as they need.
Registration is not required for the NAPLAN Year 5 assessment. Australian students who are enrolled in most school settings are required to take this assessment test. Some students may be exempt from the test. Parents can contact schools to verify if their child is required to take the NAPLAN.
The National Assessment Program - Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) is run by the Education Council, (previously known as SCSEEC), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Best Online Resources for College Students with Kids
- Use Formative Assessments to Better Understand Every Student
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- How to Make Prior Learning Assessment Credit Work for You
- Is Online Learning the Answer for At-Risk Students?
- Keys to Online Learning: Tips for Students
- Best Online Learning Platform, People's Choice Awards
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Online Learning Platform
- Online Courses for Animal Care Students
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses