- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 342
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Social & Academic Obstacles for Math Students
Course SummaryPrepare for the National Board Certification exam by reviewing this course that focuses on the assessment's math instruction topics. The lessons and quizzes help you refresh your math knowledge and practice answering the types of questions you'll be asked on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
37 chapters in National Board Certification Exam - Mathematics/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Prepare for the Math NBPTS exam with this study guide. All the topics that are assessed on this test are included in this study guide in short engaging lessons that will help make your studying process more efficient, while still being effective. As you complete this course, you will review the following:
- Numbers & operations
- Algebraic reasoning & equations
- Inequalities & functions
- Exponents & Geometry concepts
- Functions: trigonometric, exponential, quadratic, rational & logarithmic
- Lines, series & sequences
- Polynomials & inequalities
About The Exam
Passing the exam for National Board Certification signifies that you have met the highest standard in the teaching professions. It shows that you have what it takes to advance student learning and achievement. The exam has four components; three of the components are submitted online, the fourth component is a computer-based assessment given at a testing center. The computer-based assessment consists of 3 constructive response exercise that you have up to 30 minutes to complete and 45 selected response items, with a time limit that varies based on the certificate area.
Preparing and Registering for the NBPTS Math Exam
These easy to follow lessons, along with their accompanying assessments will help you learn and assess your learning as you prepare for this certification test. The personal dashboard, which tracks your progress and scores, will help you set goals regarding your learning and ensure that you are learning at the necessary pace to ensure timely completion.
To register for the exam you must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, have completed 3 years of teaching or counseling and possess a valid teacher's license. If you are a Career or Tech Ed teacher, you have to have met the education qualification for your state; if you teach where no license is required, you have to have taught at a school recognized and approved to operate by the state.
The NBPTS Math exam is a registered trademark of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standard, which is not affiliated with Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- National EKG Certification Exam Information for Students
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Math Lesson Plans
- Louisiana Math Teacher Certification
- Which Skills Do Teacher Certification Exams Emphasize?
- Texas Principal Certification Exam Requirements
- How to Become a Teacher in Connecticut: Certification Exam & Requirements
- Tips for Applying for Your National Board Certification
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Where to Find Free Math Courses Online
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses