- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 313
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Roles and Functions of the Nurse
This course can be found in: NCLEX Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 2 NCLEX study guides, and 300+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find a collection of engaging video lessons that serve as a helpful and comprehensive study guide for the NCLEX-RN exam. The lessons go over all the topics you'll need to know for the exam, and the accompanying assessments make sure you remember what you've studied.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NCLEX Courses
About This Course
Use this informative study guide to prepare to take and pass the NCLEX-RN. This course is made up of wide-ranging lessons on safety and security in nursing, the aging process, substance dependence disorders and health care support systems. Visit our learning platform and access these resources using your mobile device or computer.
Check out our NCLEX test prep materials! We've got NCLEX courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NCLEX study guides to help you study, NCLEX practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NCLEX resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
You can use our course to prepare for the different kinds of questions you will encounter on the NCLEX-RN exam. These lessons cover various aspects of nursing and relevant medical issues, such as patient rights, disease prevention, aging, etc. The specific topics you can learn about when you go through this course will help you achieve the following goals:
- Outline the legalities of nursing
- List infection control procedures
- Detail human development theories
- Recognize the value of healthy life choices
- Explain assessment methods and assistive devices
- Describe substance abuse and addictive behaviors
- Outline healthcare at the end-of-life stage
- Discuss health, religion and spirituality
- Note the benefits of mental health and stress management
- Explain illness management and emergencies
- Discuss the administration of medicines
- Detail the importance of rest for nurses
Our test prep course contains 288 lessons grouped into 37 chapters by subject matter. The lessons are followed up by multiple-choice quizzes, and you'll also find a comprehensive test in all chapters.
NCLEX-RN Exam Information
The NCLEX-RN exam is comprised of questions that correspond to four major categories: Safe and Effective Care Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Psychosocial Integrity, and Physiological Integrity. The Safe and Effect Care Environment and Physiological Integrity categories are further divided into different subcategories.
- Number of Questions: 75 minimum; 265 maximum
- Question Type: Multiple-choice, multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, ordered response, and hot spot questions
- Time Limit: 6 hours
- Exam Cost: $200
NCLEX-RN Preparation & Registration
This study guide contains chapters that cover all topics you will need to understand in order to succeed on the NCLEX-RN exam. Each chapter contains video and text lessons that go over all relevant information on that particular nursing topic in a clear and comprehensive format. Once you feel comfortable in your knowledge of a topic, you can answer practice questions offered in the chapter's quizzes and final exam so that you may be sure that you have understood all relevant points.
In order to be eligible for the NCLEX-RN exam, you must first submit an application for nursing licensure and registration to your local Board of Nursing/Regulatory Body. Once you are eligible for the exam, you may register either online or over the phone. Online registration is done on the Pearson VUE website, while phone registration is done via Pearson VUE NCLEX Candidate Services. On the day of the test, be sure to arrive at the testing center at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled exam start time. You must present a valid, government-issued photo ID when you arrive at the testing center.
'The NCLEX-RN Exam is a registered trademark of The National Council of State Boards of Nursing, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Can You Take the NCLEX Exam with an Associate Degree?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- RN License Requirements and Exam Information
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Cardiovascular Technology Degree Programs in Georgia
- Pathology Assistant Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming a Pathologist Assistant
- Medical Social Worker MSW Career Information About Becoming a Medical Social Worker
- Visual Communication Design Technician Career Options and Employment Information for Visual Communication Designers
- Geology Graduate Programs in Washington
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses