- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 58
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nervous System Overview: Central & Peripheral
Course SummaryThis Nervous System Study Guide course is the simplest way to master the parts and functions of the human nervous system. The course's fun video format and self-assessment quizzes can help students who need to study for upcoming exams, as well as teachers who want to use an engaging supplemental teaching resource.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material about the nervous system will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding nervous system functions, the senses, nervous system disorders, or any other nervous system topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn biology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra biology learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Nervous System Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the parts of the nervous system?
- How does the nervous system function?
- What makes the central and peripheral nervous systems work?
- What are some major nervous system diseases and disorders?
- How do the senses work?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Need a Break From Campus? Off-Campus Spots for Study and Fun
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Do You Need a Master's in Human Resources?
- Teachers Using Videos to Teach Math to ADHD Kids: A Case Study
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses