- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 173
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
This course can be found in: NES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ NES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryComplete this convenient online test preparation course to get ready for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary exam. These bite-sized lessons and practice quizzes can help you quickly prepare for the exam and master all of the information you'll need to know.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary (051): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NES Courses
About This NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Study Guide
The NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary exam assesses the knowledge that entry-level elementary teachers should have. The test is used in the teacher licensing process in several states, including Arizona and New Mexico. The lessons in this course help you reinforce your knowledge of human growth and development, as well as relevant instructional approaches, assessment methods and learning environments.
Check out our NES test prep materials! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NES resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Student Development and Learning
- Evaluating childhood development factors and challenges
- Summarizing important developmental learning theories
- Promoting learning and improving performance for students
Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment
- Discussing approaches to learning assessments, curriculum planning, and instruction
- Motivating students in the classroom
- Applying effective communication strategies
The Professional Environment
- Using partnerships to support learning
- Describing the roles and responsibilities of professional educators
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Course Format
This course is divided into 19 chapters, and it contains a total of 160 lessons that cover the types of concepts you'll encounter on the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary exam. Review each lesson and take the quizzes and chapter exams to reinforce your understanding of elementary-level teaching concepts.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 102
- Question Type: Multiple-choice and written response
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Exam Breakdown
|NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Exam Concept||Percent of the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Student development and learning||24%||24|
|Assessment, instruction and the learning environment||40%||40|
|The professional environment||16%||16|
In addition to the multiple-choice questions, the lessons also prepare you for a case study and written assignment, worth 10% each.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam Preparation and Registration
The exam is offered year-round, and you can book your test appointment through the official NES website's online registration system. You'll be prompted to select your desired test date and location, pay an exam fee and agree to all testing policies. Scores will be available approximately a month after the exam.
The course's 24/7 availability and online format offer flexibility in your test preparation experience. Our expert instructors an engaging teaching style to help you remember important education terms and concepts. Each lesson comes with a short quiz, and each chapter concludes with a multiple-choice exam. There is a final assessment to make sure you are ready to take the NES exam.
For more information on registering and preparing for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam, check out our NES Informational Resources
National Evaluation Series (NES) Program is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Online CFP Preparation Course Information
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Tax Preparation Course Online with School Information
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses