- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 158
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Adolescence? - Definition, Stages & Characteristics
This course can be found in: NES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ NES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryWork through this comprehensive test preparation course to get fully prepared for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary exam. You'll review short lessons and quizzes that cover all of the secondary education concepts appearing on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Secondary (052): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NES Courses
About This National Evaluation Series (NES) Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Study Guide
If you're an aspiring secondary school teacher who is planning on taking the National Evaluation Series (NES) Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary exam, this study guide is designed to prepare you for the current version of the exam. The course is aligned to the exam standards, such as learning processes, curriculum planning, assessment methods, student diversity and educator responsibilities. Lessons are accessible at all times, from any device, making it possible to create a self-paced study schedule. Our learning platform includes a contact form with which you can easily reach out to experts with any lesson-specific questions.
This Study.com course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our NES Preparation resources! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and NES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Course Information
This comprehensive study guide is designed to cover all concepts addressed on the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary exam, as outlined in the official test materials provided by NES. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below.
Student Development and Learning
- Understanding cognitive, physical, social, and sexual development as they affect the instructional environment
- Identifying variations in human development and applications to student learning
- Promoting appreciation and respect for student diversity
Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment
- Demonstrating and understanding of assessment instruments and practices
- Performing effective instructional planning and design
- Utilizing engaging motivational and management strategies for the classroom
The Professional Environment
- Collaborating with families, colleagues and members of the community
- Comprehending roles and expectations for professional educators
- Identifying legal and ethical guidelines in education
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Course Format
The course's 146 video and text lessons span 13 chapters. You can quickly determine what you've learned as you complete each lesson by taking self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Information
The NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary exam is taken by aspiring educators pursuing certification as beginning teachers.
- Number of Questions: 102 questions
- Question Type: 100 multiple-choice questions and 1 case study, 1 work product
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Breakdown
|NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Concept||Percent of the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Student Development and Learning||24%||30 questions|
|Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment||40%||50 questions|
|The Professional Environment||16%||20 questions|
In addition, the test will include a written assignment on a case study and one on a work product, each worth 10% of the exam score.
Registering and Preparing for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam
You can register for the exam online through the official NES website. The exam is offered throughout the year, and the registration process allows you to select a nearby testing center. To complete the registration process, you'll need to submit an exam fee and agree to all NES testing policies.
You can access the course anytime using your desktop, laptop or mobile device. The course's flexible online format helps you prepare for the NES exam whenever study time fits into your schedule. As you work through the course, you'll review short video and text-based lessons that are all taught by subject-matter experts. Be sure to take the accompanying lesson quizzes and chapter exams to reinforce your understanding of the material. If you have any questions about the lesson topics, you can submit them to our instructors online. The course concludes with a final exam that can help you see if you're ready to take the NES exam.
For more information on registering and preparing for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam, check out our NES Informational Resources
National Evaluation Series (NES) Program is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- Buzzwords in Secondary Education
- What Can You Do With a Master's in Secondary Education?
- Secondary Education Teacher Requirements
- Diploma of Secondary Education Online
- Secondary Education Certification in Maine
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- TACHS Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses