- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Principles of Growth and Development
This course can be found in: NES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ NES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIt's easy to get ready for the NES Early Childhood Education exam with help from the lessons in this fun test prep course. Access our video and text lessons on any mobile device 24 hours a day, and then take the short quizzes to get an idea of how you'll do on the day of your test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in NES Early Childhood Education (101): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NES Courses
About This Course
This self-paced test preparation course explores important issues involved with teaching young children in order to get you ready for the NES Early Childhood Education exam. You'll find chapters that deal with teaching the subjects of reading, math and the sciences, and each chapter is further broken down into concise lessons that go over each facet of early childhood education in greater detail. After reviewing the lessons, take the accompanying practice quizzes to make sure you fully understand the material.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our NES Preparation resources! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and NES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The content of this course specifically mirrors the early childhood education topics that you'll find on the NES test. As you work through the course, you'll study the foundations of learning and development in children, and you can expect to improve your instructional knowledge across several academic subjects. When you're finished working through the course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate theories about developmental learning
- Assess early childhood health considerations and safety issues
- Promote and assess learning in early childhood education
- Create positive learning environments for young children
- Describe the development of language and literacy
- Teach art, math, social studies, geography, history and science
- Recognize the responsibilities of educators
There are a total of 214 lessons and 23 chapters in this course. The course can be completed at your own pace, and we encourage you to take the accompanying self-assessments to reinforce your early childhood education knowledge.
NES Early Childhood Education (101) Exam Information
Certain states throughout the U.S., such as Oregon and Washington, require prospective teachers to pass the NES Early Childhood Education test as part of the teacher licensure process.
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Early Childhood Education (101) Exam Breakdown
|NES Early Childhood Education (101) Exam Concept||Percent of the NES Early Childhood Education (101) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Child development and learning||21%||32||57|
|Language and literacy development||29%||43||39|
|Learning across the curriculum||36%||54||103|
|Professional relationships and responsibilities||14%||21||15|
Preparing & Registering for the NES Early Childhood Education Exam
Our study guide helps you build your confidence by reviewing what you've learned about instructing children. These lessons were constructed by expert instructors to help you go over the concepts and requirements involved with educating young children in preparation for the exam. You'll get the practice you need applying your knowledge with the quizzes and tests included throughout this course.
You can register for the NES Early Childhood Education exam online. You'll pay when you register. The test is offered at testing centers throughout the U.S. You have the option of asking for alternate testing arrangements if you are unable to take the test under typical conditions. You will receive a scaled score as soon as you complete the test, with your official scores becoming available after two weeks.
National Evaluation Series (NES) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Test Prep
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- Early Childhood Education Courses in AZ with School Overviews
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Nevada with Degree Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses