- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 265
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Number Systems and The Base-Ten System
This course can be found in: NES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ NES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find fun lessons and quizzes that can help you quickly prepare for the NES Elementary Education Subtest II. Work through the course to refresh your understanding of elementary education topics as you prepare for this teacher certification exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
31 chapters in NES Elementary Education Subtest 2 (103): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NES Courses
About This Course
If you need to get ready for the NES Elementary Education Subtest II teacher certification exam, try preparing with this comprehensive study guide. The course offers bite-sized lessons that examine elementary education concepts you need to know with regards to math, science and the arts. You'll watch fun lessons that are taught by subject-matter experts, and the course also includes self-assessment quizzes that ensure that you're mastering the material. You can also log in to the course at any time using your computer or mobile device.
Check out our NES Preparation resources! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and NES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Designed to encompass the concepts that appear on the NES Elementary Education Subtest II, this course's lessons can increase your competency and knowledge in the areas of math, science, the arts, health and fitness. Completing this course will help you to:
- Distinguish between prime, composite and mixed numbers
- Find greatest common factors and least common multiples
- Round and estimate
- Graph rational numbers
- Evaluate proportions, patterns, percents, ratios and rates
- Find area, perimeter and volume
- Calculate and interpret statistical data
- Solve equations and functions
- Discuss the foundations of zoological and earth science
- Teach students about theater, drama, music and the arts
- Recognize the components of the universe and solar systems
In this course, you'll study 234 lessons that are sectioned into 29 chapters. As you work through these fun and information-packed lessons, take the accompanying practice quizzes to check your understanding of the material. We've also included a final course exam to help you see how prepared you are for the NES Elementary Education Subtest II.
NES Elementary Education Subtest II Information
The NES Elementary Education Subtest II is used for teacher certification purposes in a handful of states, such as Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.
- Number of Questions: 75
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Exam Cost: $50 for one subtest; $95 for two subtests
NES Elementary Education Subtest II Breakdown
|NES Elementary Education Subtest II Concept||Percent of the NES Elementary Education Subtest II||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|The arts, health and fitness||12%||9||26|
NES Elementary Education Subtest II Preparation & Registration
Using this study guide will prepare you to answer test questions about geometric shapes and their properties, life and zoological sciences, weather systems, health and fitness in children, and more. Lessons may be presented in text or video formats. Each comes with a quiz to take at the end to assess your retention of the material you just studied. To review some part of a video lesson, use the video transcript or the keyword-based video timeline tool to quickly find what you want to go over. You can directly ask the teacher any question you have and track your course progress via the dashboard.
NES Elementary Education Subtest II registration takes place online. To register, go to the NES website. Test sites are located nationwide, and they can also be found on the NES website.
National Evaluation Series and NES are trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliates, and is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Idaho Elementary Education Certification
- Online Masters Degree in Elementary Education with Course Info
- Elementary School Teacher Education Requirements
- Elementary Education Teacher: Educational Requirements
- Graduate Certificate in Elementary Education Programs
- Rhode Island Elementary Education Certification
- Elementary Education Certification in South Carolina
- Connecticut Kindergarten & Elementary Education Certification
- Alabama Elementary Education Certification Requirements
- New Hampshire Elementary Education Certification
- Campus Performing Arts Centers Expose Community to the Arts
- Venture Capital Firm Invests in Innovative Education Companies
- Student Thomas Turner Talks to Education-Portalcom About Information Technology at FSU
- Automotive Engineer Job Description and Information About Becoming an Automotive Engineer
- Nurse Practitioner Schools in Florida
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses