- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 107
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Phonology: Definition, Rules & Examples
This course can be found in: WEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ WEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST exam with help from this engaging test prep course. This resource allows you to study 24 hours a day from any tablet, computer or smartphone.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST (104): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related WEST Courses
About This Course
Use this informative and user-friendly study guide course to get ready for the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST exam at your convenience. Work as slowly or as quickly as you need to, reviewing all or just some of the lessons we've included here on subjects such as phonemic awareness, understanding texts and instructional approaches. Along with each lesson and chapter, we've included multiple-choice quizzes and tests to help you assess your knowledge.
Check out our NES test prep materials! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NES resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This comprehensive resource contains lessons on all of the subjects you'd expect to find on the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST exam. Study concepts like reading development assessment and literacy theory at your leisure. Once you complete this course, you should be ready to:
- Outline vocabulary development
- Discuss word analysis strategies
- Understand expository texts
- Explain different instructional approaches
- Describe alphabetic and print concepts
- Detail how phonics can be used in reading instruction
The course is comprised of 10 chapters broken into 98 lessons that align with the topics you'll face on the exam. To help you assess your understanding, we've also included a quiz with each lesson and a test at the end of each chapter.
NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST Exam Information
Candidates who would like to add an elementary reading instruction endorsement to their teaching license in the State of Washington must take and pass the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST exam.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST Exam Breakdown
|NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST Concept||Percent of the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
|Foundations of Reading an Alphabetic Language||19%||28 questions||22|
|Word Analysis & Fluency Development||25%||38 questions||8|
|Vocabulary & Comprehension Development||25%||38 questions||10|
|Reading Different Types of Text||19%||28 questions||29|
|The Literate Environment & The Classroom Reading Professional||12%||18 questions||29|
NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction - WEST is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- WEST Test Preparation & Resources
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Test Prep
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses