- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 100
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Gifted Education? - History, Models & Issues
This course can be found in: NES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ NES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryRefer to this extensive study guide to reinforce your understanding of instructional, assessment and planning strategies used in gifted education programs. The topics of these lessons cover the concepts you'll need to know for the National Evaluation Series (NES) Gifted Education exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NES Courses
About This Course
If you plan on taking the NES Gifted Education exam in the near future, check out this comprehensive test preparation course to get fully prepared. Aligned with the topics you need to know for the exam, the course offers short lessons and self-assessments that can be accessed at any time that fits your schedule. Use any computer or mobile device to study, and be sure to submit questions to our expert instructors if you need any extra help.
Check out our NES Preparation resources! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and NES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course explores foundational topics relating to teaching in gifted education programs. Some of the gifted education concepts you'll review include instructional planning, student assessment, program design and professional development in the field. Once you have completed your review of this study guide, you should be able to:
- Understand the physical and cognitive development of children and the influences on learning and child development
- Define gifted education and describe the characteristics of gifted students
- List the elements of a comprehensive gifted education program
- Create differentiated and other types of instructional plans for gifted students
- Assist gifted students in the development of social and self-awareness skills
- Develop, interpret and report on student assessments
- Build an effective learning environment for gifted students
- Understand aspects of professionalism in the area of gifted education
This course contains 91 lessons, which are divided into 11 topical chapters. You can work through the course at your own pace, and it's accessible at any time of day or night. In addition to the lesson material, the course offers plenty of practice quizzes that can help you reinforce your knowledge as you get ready for the exam.
NES Gifted Education (312) Exam Information
The NES Gifted Education exam is used in some states to help aspiring gifted education teachers achieve certification in this field.
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Gifted Education (312) Exam Breakdown
|NES Gifted Education (312) Exam Concept||Percent of the NES Gifted Education (312) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Foundations of gifted education||30%||45||18|
|Assessment and program planning||30%||45||16|
|Curriculum and instruction||40%||60||57|
NES Gifted Education Exam Preparation & Registration
You will find this comprehensive guide an effective and convenient study tool when preparing for the NES Gifted Education exam. Lessons cover goals, principles and teacher responsibilities in gifted education; cognitive, social and emotional development and needs of gifted students; curriculum development and instructional strategies in gifted education; and forms of assessment. You will also review classroom management practices, aspects of positive learning environments and teacher advocacy, collaborative practices and professional development opportunities. Short video and text lessons take ten minutes or less to review and are accessible 24/7 from any device, making study easy and convenient. Lesson quizzes and chapter exams allow you to demonstrate your full understanding of each topic and help you determine if you are ready to take the NES Gifted Education exam.
Registration for this or any NES exam is completed online on the NES website by selecting the state in which you will take the exam and creating an account. Once you have completed the registration process and paid any necessary fees, you can then schedule your exam 24/7 on the Pearson VUE website. A confirmation email containing your test time and date, test center address and directions to the site will be sent once you have scheduled your exam.
NES is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Graduate Certificate Programs in Gifted Education
- Gifted Education Certification Requirements in Alabama
- What Is Covered in Basic Adult Education Programs?
- Hot Topics in Education
- Understanding OCW: A Field Guide to Free Education
- Education Assessment Training and Degree Program Overviews
- Graduate Programs in Education Assessment: Degree Options
- Overview of Epidemiological Studies Education Programs
- Worship Studies Programs: Education Options
- Islamic Studies Education Program Options
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses