- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 267
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Historical Development of Mathematics
This course can be found in: NES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ NES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the NES Mathematics (Middle Grades and Early Secondary) exam with this self-paced test preparation course. The course's bite-sized lessons, quizzes and transcripts offer a comprehensive studying experience that can get you fully prepared for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
26 chapters in NES Mathematics Middle Grades & Early Secondary (105): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NES Courses
About This Course
This online test preparation course helps you review the kinds of mathematical equations that appear on the National Evaluation Series (NES) Mathematics (Middle Grades and Early Secondary) teacher certification exam. Use any computer or mobile device to review engaging lessons, take practice quizzes and master the mathematical concepts you'll need to know for the test. The course is completely self-paced, and it's available for access on any device that has an Internet connection. There's also a contact form you can use if you have questions about the course.
Check out our NES Preparation resources! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and NES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is designed with topics that appear on the NES Mathematics (Middle Grades and Early Secondary) exam. You'll review basic math terms and formulas, and you'll strengthen your problem solving abilities in algebra, geometry and statistics. When you're finished working through the course, you should be able to:
- Work with real numbers, complex numbers, fractions, decimals, percents, ratios and proportions
- Use logic and reasoning in math
- Apply knowledge of exponents, inequalities and absolute value
- Differentiate between algebraic, exponential, rational and radical expressions
- Figure out linear and quadratic equations
- Solve systems of equations
- Recognize derivative rules, graphs and applications
- Express comprehension of integrals and integration techniques/applications
- Understand the fundamentals of geometry, geometric figures, geometric solids and analytical geometry
- Evaluate triangle properties, theorems and proofs
- Assess polygons, parallel lines, quadrilaterals, circles and conic sections
- Summarize data and statistics
There are 370 lessons contained within the 50 chapters of this course. Access the course whenever you have free time to study, and take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to practice applying your math skills.
NES Mathematics Middle Grades & Early Secondary (105) Exam Information
The NES Mathematics (Middle Grades and Early Secondary) exam tests prospective entry-level teachers on the knowledge that's required in order to teach math at the middle grade and early high school level.
- Number of Questions: 120
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 4 hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Mathematics Middle Grades & Early Secondary (105) Exam Breakdown
|NES Mathematics Middle Grades & Early Secondary (105) Exam Concept||Percent of the NES Mathematics Middle Grades & Early Secondary (105) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Mathematical processes and number sense||24%||29||49|
|Patterns, algebra and functions||28%||33||165|
|Measurement and geometry||24%||29||81|
|Statistics, probability and discrete mathematics||24%||29||75|
NES Mathematics (Middle Grades and Early Secondary) Exam Preparation and Registration
You can access this course whenever you have free time using any computer or mobile device. Your dashboard keeps track of your progress, and you can use it to navigate to the topics you want to study. To help you practice applying the math skills you develop, we've included lesson quizzes and chapter exams throughout the course. You can print the accompanying lesson transcripts if you want to study offline, and our instructors are happy to answer any questions you may have. To see how prepared you are for the NES exam, try the final course assessment.
You can register for the exam online through the official NES website. As you go through the registration process, you'll be required to select your desired test date and location, pay the exam fee and agree to the NES testing policies. You can expect to receive an official score report about two weeks after your test date.
National Evaluation Series (NES) Program is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Compass Exams
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses